Are frequently called upon for your knowledge and experience in high-net worth and/or financial planning?
Do you enjoy working directly with advisors to understand their challenges and vision for success?
Can you thoughtfully synthesize complex ideas and present solutions?
Are energized by to the opportunity to be an integral part of a high performing sales organization?
If so, then LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
We’re seeking a VP, High Net Worth Subject-Matter Expert with superior listening and presentation skills who can effectively personalize and showcase LPL’s offerings at critical points of the sales process. You’ll collaborate with sales team members to advance new business and demonstrate the value of LPL to prospective advisors, and provide key insights into advancing our sales and product roadmaps.
Solution Validation & Scoping
- Support the Business Development team as a subject-matter expert demonstrating and communicating the value of high net worth and/or financial planning throughout the sales process
- Establish rapport with prospects to understand their needs and business challenges, and leverage that knowledge to demonstrate our value proposition in a personalized, consultative way
- Deliver compelling presentations and demonstrations, both in-person and virtually, and support prospect requests for information
- Think creatively and implement an elevated Home Office Visit experience
- Create and deliver content, information, and training to empower the Business Development team to confidently speak about our offerings
- Stay up to date on new product features and releases, industry trends, and competitors in your area of expertise
- Identify opportunities and make improvements in our processes to accelerate sales
You will work closely with:
- Product and business line owners throughout the firm to maintain a deep understanding of our offerings and future enhancements and provide insights from the prospective advisor lens
- Marketing to ensure concise, impactful delivery of information and updates related to high net worth and/or financial planning
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CFP Required
- 5+ years of experience in financial services
- 3+ years of experience with various investment sales experience
- Knowledgeable on the investment advisory product landscape, including familiarity with competition (broker-dealers, RIAs, TAMPs, etc.), platform/ product trends and regulation.
- Investment product/platform experience preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral) with the ability to articulate complex information in simple, clear terms to people with non-technical backgrounds
- Ability to adapt to different audiences and influence decisions
- Strong teamwork and experience collaborating with individuals across lines of business, functional areas, and different levels of an organization
- Action orientation, willingness to take the initiative, and a desire to roll-up sleeves and dig into the depths of the business
- A commitment to constant self-improvement and a willingness to be coached
- Curiosity to stay up to date on our business, the competitive landscape, and broader industry trends
The salary range is dependent on a number of factors, including the applicant’s skill, experience, and work location.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.