VP, Human ResourcesApply Job ID: R-008614 Date posted: 01/16/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
At LPL Financial, we are seeking a strategic business partner and influential HR leader to drive dynamic change and continued business growth! Every leader is dedicated to our mission: “We take care of our advisors so they can take care of their clients.”
The VP, HR Consultant will be a business partner for Business Development organization. This leader will act as an individual contributor aligning with our senior leadership teams to facilitate business and HR strategy execution. This role also ensures development, delivery and alignment of Human Capital products and services to support achievement of business objectives. VP, HR Consultant will also act as an internal consultant to senior leaders on all talent management, organizational development, performance management, and compensation issues in partnership with other teams within the Human Capital organization.
• Lead the development and implementation of comprehensive HR strategies, policies, and practices in support of company and client group business plans in the areas of leadership development, workforce planning, compensation, talent and performance management, change management, employee engagement, retention, professional development and diversity.
• Advise executive level business leaders on both strategic and tactical plans to support their business goals.
• Lead and participate in special and cross-functional project teams and assignments as necessary, often partnering with Compensation & Benefits, Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, Corporate Real Estate, and Corporate Communications.
• Act as the voice of the internal and external client to facilitate improvements to LPL's HR policies, benefits, initiatives, processes, etc.
• Responsible for overall Human Capital leadership: focusing on employee engagement and providing support, coaching, mentor-ship, feedback, and development to business leaders.
• Provide creative and innovative solutions to the business on complex problems.
• Identifying and acting on key metrics for decision-making.
• Prepare and maintain materials to support initiatives with the client.
• Develop methods and procedures for compiling and analyzing data for reports and special projects.
• Bachelor's degree required, advanced level degree preferred
• 10+ years professional level experience in Human Resources with a minimum of 5 years in an HR management role.
• Proficient in Strategic HR practices such as Leadership Development, Change Management, Performance Management, Teaming, Business Partnering as well as solid HR Generalist skills such as Employee Relations, Talent Development, and Project Management
• Experience working with sales organizations or financial services industry strongly preferred.
• PHR, SPHR preferred, not required
• Microsoft Office Products proficient
• Human Resource Management Systems (Workday) - proficient
• Applicant Tracking Systems - proficient
• May involve up to 15-20% travel
• Position interacts with senior leadership from client business units; will also interface with employees, supervisors and managers. Will regularly partner with other areas of Human Capital including Compensation and Benefits, Payroll, Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, Corporate Communications and Real Estate. May interface with external agencies (employment, governmental), internal and external counsel.
• Must be extremely organized, self-motivated, and capable of working in a rapidly changing environment with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management.
• Must have a professional demeanor and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times when dealing with personnel matters.
• Successful candidates will possess superior consultative and influencing skills, superior verbal/written communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, project management skills and the ability to thrive and execute on HR operations items.
• Ability to multi-task, work on multiple priorities, work independently and as a team in an ambiguous and dynamic environment.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.