VP IIS Product ManagementApply Job ID: R-008801 Date posted: 02/05/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Investor and Investment Solutions (IIS) organization is expanding its product management team and currently hiring a leader to drive the management and execution of key business growth initiatives. This Leader must exude a passion for product and process management in a manner that will result in the utmost satisfaction of advisors and their clients. This leader must enjoy problem solving, collaborating, embracing culture change, and empowering others to flex to their full potential. This leader will be a natural initiative driver who enjoys working on a common goal and getting projects over the finish line.
The Product Management team within LPL’s Investor & Investment Solutions (IIS) group is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of investment solutions and platform capabilities in order to drive key customer experiences and our ability to expand distribution by ensuring financial advisors can do business based on their affiliation model and financial practice needs.
This role is focused on the execution of our strategic roadmap to positioning our business model across the entire wealth management market. We are focused on extending our industry leadership in our place of strength and expanding our affiliation models to compete across more segments of the wealth management market. This position will be focused on driving forward initiatives around pricing and platform enhancements, custodial capabilities, cash and banking capabilities, advisor on boarding while working to solve prioritization, sequencing and resourcing needs.
Product managers in this area are responsible for understanding and executing on all business aspects of our products and platforms and must be able to work with numerous business units across the firm. The position requires a candidate with the ability to strategically operate in partnership with other teams within IIS and across the organization in order to maximize the team’s value and ability to deliver in tight timeframes.
- Intensive collaboration with internal business partners to ensure capabilities are delivered in a manner that captures our objectives and goals and meets all regulatory, legal and compliance requirements
- Leverage and continually grow industry knowledge to deliver competitive solutions to enable LPL to extend our capabilities of differentiation and pricing leadership towards market expansion
- Continue to enhance the appeal of LPL’s advisor support model for recruiting, on boarding and operating platform success
- Drive insights and practical recommendations from feedback from advisors, stakeholders and key partners across the enterprise
- Support the management team in providing high quality executive level updates, improvement recommendations and enable the development of new growth opportunities
- Relentless ability to drive projects, initiatives, decisions and tasks forward and to develop top talent across the team
- Passion for driving the Advisor and Investor experience and ability to persuade others to share this vision, collaborate and execute
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Proven leader with 7-10+ years of experience in product management related roles with a broker dealer, custodian, RIA, investment, wealth management or financial services firm
- 5+ years of developing, cultivating and leading strong, high performing teams in an agile environment
- Advanced training and experience in project management, six sigma, product life cycles, and/or composing technical business requirement documents are favorable
- Compliance experience, FINRA Licenses or industry designations preferred
- Expert consensus builder who drives change across initiatives within and outside direct accountability and evaluates solutions to the most complex business challenges
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.