VP, Key Account ManagerApply Job ID: R-018536 Date posted: 10/13/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Focused on partner development as a key account manager working with our outside recruiting partners, you will focus on driving revenue growth, and sales & promotional activities.
- Develop and execute annual strategic account plans and initiatives to achieve the sales goals. Engage partners on growth expectations Personally manage selected strategic accounts to secure new business, open new markets and drive growth;
- Work with the field sales team to coordinate sales activities with key accounts, share ideas and create new business development strategies while ensuring clear and frequent communications across channels;
- Ensure sales methodologies and common processes are in place, including defining clear engagement guidelines;
- Demonstrate strong critical analysis and planning skills in reviewing data and market intelligence, understand trends, prepare and communicate applicable plans;
- Work closely with all internal teams to assure maximum support, leverage and effective problem resolution for partner issues or concerns; and
- Monitor and communicate industry trends relevant to strategic marketing and emerging business opportunities;
- Support continuous improvement initiatives to maximize performance and improve process quality, efficiency, and effectiveness through goal setting activities;
- Oversee targeting campaigns, understand the objectives and relevance while communicating effectively with the sales team and ensuring that all involved know their roles in successful campaigns;
- Consistently meets and/or exceeds sales goals. Actively reaches out to develop strong relationships and networks with existing partners. Collaborates with field sales teams to design and implement strategic plans for partner growth nationally.
- Has deep understanding of partner preferences and requirements.
- 5+ years of proven, hands-on account management experience with a successful track record of growing client accounts.
- Excellent verbal and written communications. Able to negotiate, trouble-shoot and problem-solve collaboratively with partners and internal team members.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills. Able to maintain an organized, well-run sales process and meet required turnaround times. Comfortable within a fast-paced work environment.
- High comfort level operating within technology platforms, including vendor management systems.
- Ability to formulate and articulate a strategic approach to sales and promotion that can take advantage of evolutions in the marketplace
- Able to occasionally travel to visit with prospective and/or key clients.
- Wealth management experience required.
Thoughtful at asking questions, listening, and articulating a value proposition in a manner that helps your customer understand how our solution helps them solve an existing problem. Must also be comfortable in facilitating group meetings/presentations that creates a meaningful learning environment tailored to your audience.
High level of Emotional Intelligence that enables you to navigate different personality types and motivations of your customer.
Ability to independently research, develop, optimize, and implement tactics relevant to specific customer/market/business needs. The core of any decision must be made with the best interest of the client in mind.
Self-accountability to execute your plan, frequently monitor progress, and adjust when needed to exceed your market goals. In addition, you have a sense of urgency to deliver on customer requests with quality and timing that exceeds their expectations.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.