VP of New Ventures Business OperationsApply Job ID: R-017463 Date posted: 09/27/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
VP of New Ventures Business Operations (Innovation Labs)
JOB DESCRIPTION & QUALIFICATIONS
Are passionate about building new products and services? Are you excited not only about the vision, but also making it real by building the strategy and operations? Are you passionate about fintech innovation and extending financial guidance to more people?
If so, the Biz Ops role at our New Ventures Labs could be for you!
The BizOps for New Ventures will be part of our entrepreneurial and fast-paced Innovation Labs that is creating the new generation of financial services. Our VP of BizOps will combine strategic thinking and human-centered design thinking processes to think differently about existing business models, or to craft and build new ventures. You will collaborate with a broad team of strategists, designers, financial planners and engineers to help iterate, improve and implement the strategy and operations of our start-ups, from ideation to full launch.
In a post-covid world, you are welcome to join us in our San Diego offices or work remotely anywhere in the US, your choice!
As a Biz Ops you will…
- Identify and assess the viability of new business opportunities, strategic initiatives and profit optimization.
- Translate the vision and strategy of our start-ups into an efficient and scalable operating model that includes clear documented
- Work cross-functionally to develop deep understanding of key value drivers to improve efficiency, productivity and performance across all initiatives and start-ups in our New Ventures Labs
- Redefine, improve and document our start-ups processes to minimize complexities and promote effective operations, finding cost/waste reduction opportunities.
- Enable our Venture Labs start-ups to be highly data-driven as they scale by performing ad hoc analyses and building KPI dashboards for real-time monitoring of performance, advisor/client satisfaction, P&L tracking.
- Explore new markets and business models through industry trends, historical trends, forward looking forecasts, competitive assessment and build/evaluate recommendations for strategic growth.
- Propose, design and implement pilot and experiments to test new operations/products, measure results and iterate
We are looking for a high energy, versatile thinker-doer with a strong understanding of new product development process and operations. The BizOps will have a unique opportunity to shape, build and scale new start-ups within the New Ventures Labs. We are looking for people with strong organizational, critical thinking and analytical skills who see the power in creating services that will help extend financial guidance to more people.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- 4-6 years of experience in strategy/management consulting, investment banking, private equity or business operations at a growth-stage start-up
- A bias for action, as well as a strong sense of practicality and efficiency
Our preferred requirements:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), Ventures, Corporate Strategy, or equivalent.
- 2+ years experience at a fast-growing tech company is a strong plus, taking offerings to market and scaling
- Experience of using human-centered design, design thinking principles or methods in a formal, in-person setting.
- Demonstrable rigor in designing, implementing and/or re-defining business models, products and services while driving strategic growth.
- Experience in identifying and building business cases for strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements and executing projects from proposal to implementation
- Knowledge of or background in financial services with a passion for fintech and/or extending financial guidance to as many people as possible
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.