VP Product Management, IIS - TradingApply Job ID: R-010840 Date posted: 09/15/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Are you looking to continue your career in the broker dealer space?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
The Product Management team within LPL’s Investor & Investment Solutions (IIS) group is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of investment solutions. The focus of this role will be executing on a variety of initiatives that support our strategic product roadmap. This is a fluid product management team focused on building efficiency, being accountable and executing outcomes cross functionally. Individuals in this role must have a full understanding of, and ability to explain, all business aspects of our products/platforms and must be able to work with numerous business units across the firm. The teams’ goal is to leverage the strengths of our existing model, enhance the capabilities we offer our advisors and execute with excellence.
What will you do?
The VP, Product Manager- Trading is responsible for managing and further developing LPL’s trading capabilities. LPL is continuously enhancing their trading solutions. This role will be responsible for work on our trading platform, technology implementation across security types, multiple vendors and systems driving the creation and maintenance of the product roadmap and portfolio. You’ll work with a diverse group of cross-functional teams in a process-driven manner to ensure creative and continuous improvements – with the goal of exciting our advisor base, leading the market, and attracting additional business.
- Execute implementation of new trading capabilities and help drive adoption
- Utilize LPL’s strong Balance Sheet as a strategic differentiator from competitors and identify innovative solutions to help our advisors grow
- Maintain and enhance current Trading Platform for our clients to assist in efficiency gains for the advisors at LPL
- Align trading capabilities with the marketplace so that we are competitive and look for opportunities to be differentiated versus our peers
- Ensure the proper risk management oversight and controls are developed
- Product Management ownership leading significant opportunities to define and execute on a roadmap to develop a competitive program and enhance and customer satisfaction
- Collaboration with internal business partners, including client-facing teams, finance, and operations, to deliver best-in-class product solutions, while achieving revenue targets.
- Define and implement strategic profit and growth roadmaps for assigned products.
- Provide thought leadership on a wide range of subjects related to trading services, including regulatory matters, market trends and the competitive landscape.
- Continue to develop competitive solutions and determine optimal approach to implement
- Assess and develop trading partnership suite of products
- Gain alignment on opportunities and need for funding including cost and benefit analysis
- Product lifecycle including user experience and technology integration
- Developed the journey maps for new clients and existing clients and identified areas of technology integration to create better client experience
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaboratorswho can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- 7-10+ years related experience in trading; with a strong understanding of industry
- Experience across Advisory, Brokerage, various security types and order entry platforms
- Skilled in Rebalance and Overlay trading functionality
- Ability to asses and develop operations infrastructure needed to implement
- Increase penetration via advisor dialogue and investor marketing campaign to drive higher adoption and ultimately revenue
- Understanding of the regulatory landscape with regard to trading
- Strong project management and organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Preferred: College degree
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.