VP, Product Manager, Investment PlatformsApply Job ID: R-004858 Date posted: 03/04/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
IIS VP, Product Manager, Investment Platforms
The Investor and Investment Solutions (IIS) organization is expanding its product management team and currently hiring a product leader to drive the management and execution of LPL’s advisor and internal-facing investment products, platforms, as well as technology tools and capabilities. This role must exude a passion for managing the LPL suite of products and capabilities in a manner that results in the utmost satisfaction of our Advisors and their clients. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of our competitive landscape, understand the needs of our advisors and be comfortable driving outcomes across broad cross functional teams.
Tactically, candidates for this role must have experience and knowledge across a variety of investment products and platforms, including Brokerage, Advisory and UMA platforms. This role will be required to leverage their knowledge and insights to work with our advisors and deliver integrated technology experiences and efficient workflows that enable LPL to continuously improve and support growth, industry competitiveness and compliance with industry regulations. Collaboration with internal business partners will be critical to ensure that these capabilities are delivered in a manner that delights our clients, maximizes our business objectives, and meets all regulatory requirements.
- Leads the creation and maintenance of product roadmaps and portfolio execution activities across LPL’s suite of Investment platforms, as well as their related capabilities including reporting, billing, compliance and operational processes, product and data integration and the overall advisor experience.
- Ability to lead a diverse group of cross-functional teams in a process-driven manner to ensure continuous improvements in all trading areas. These plans must be informed by changes in the financial services industry including evolving business models, regulatory changes, and market conditions.
- Drive insights and practical recommendations from feedback from advisors, internal stakeholders and key partners across the enterprise
- Provide executive level updates, improvement recommendations and enable the development of new growth opportunities
- Passion for driving the Advisor and Investor experience and ability to persuade others to share this vision, collaborate and execute.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA or other advanced degree. Series 7, 65, and/or 66 a bonus.
- 10+ years of experience in product management related roles with a broker dealer, RIA, investment or financial services firm
- In-depth knowledge of the advisor’s practice and their client’s needs, including, but not limited to, day-to-day client/account workflows, client meetings and interactions, practice management, compliance requirements, and how to leverage data and insights to drive growth and efficiency opportunities.
- Strong leadership and team change management experience. Ability to leave egos and preconceived notions at the door
- The ability to work in a cross-functional team without direct reporting lines, as well as willingness to jump in and support other teams or activities regardless of description
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, with ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization and serves as the recognized subject matter expert
- Demonstrated ability to interact and influence senior leaders
- Ability to create a strategy/plan that articulates that incorporates a business’s vision
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities and evaluate results against established objectives
- Actively anticipates, identifies and manages risks within position scope and at the company
- Expert consensus builder who drives change across initiatives within and outside direct accountability and evaluates solutions to the most complex business challenges
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.