VP - Product Owner - Intelligent AutomationApply Job ID: R-014827 Date posted: 09/15/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
We are currently looking to hire a Vice President, Product Owner – Business Reinvention Team within LPL’s Service Trading and Operations (STO) organization. As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for collaborating with process owners, business and technology teams to define user stories and manage features from ideation through production release in Agile development while ensuring that the key metrics are met and pushing boundaries to introduce new and innovative digital processing solutions to build trust and exceed customers expectation. You will work closely with business partners to understand business goals and objectives and ensure Intelligent Automation efforts are adding business and customer value. Our ideal candidate will need strong communication skills to succeed as part of a dynamic cross-functional team within a SAFe- Agile based environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
- Work with Program managers, Process owners, and Technology leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles
- Manage and prioritize the ART capability backlog, as well as ensure product completeness
- Define Releases and Program Increments (PI), as well as participate in PI planning.
- Provide a BDD approach - discovery, formulation, and automation to successfully execute the iterations
- Participate in team demo and retrospective
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement end-user testing and concept validation and to gain insights and identify customer/employee needs and solutions
- Responsible for leading the process discovery (from the business owner perspective) and drive Eliminate-Simplify-Automate across the board via various levers, i.e., Forms Digitization, Automation (RPA and Cognitive)
- Provide transparency and ongoing communications with business partners and key stakeholders
- Solid product management background, experience with digital technologies, such as automation software, document digitization software, and workflow coordination software is preferred
- Strategic mindset, with a pragmatic lens and a bias towards action
- Intellectually curious, with strong analytical skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze and develop strategies tailored to the needs of the client and business user
- Experience working in agile development preferred. Lean Six Sigma certification preferred. Additional Change Management and Agile SAFe certifications are highly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in project management related roles with a broker-dealer, RIA, investment, or financial services firm (preferred)
- Ability to self-motivate and work well independently and with different teams
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Experience Required: 10+years
- 7+ years of experience applying process re-engineering tools and techniques in the financial services industry (preferred)
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.