VP, Project MgtApply Job ID: R-007102 Date posted: 09/12/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The role will be responsible for supporting complex programs and projects and working with all levels of staff in the various business units within LPL Financial including Technology, STO, Human Capital, Compliance Legal and Risk (CLR), Investor and Investment Solutions (IIS).
This position requires strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to operate in a highly dynamic multi-tasking environment, and demonstrated ability to creatively define, develop, and execute plans to solve highly complex matters.
- Ability to lead individual projects or work streams that span across multiple business units.
- Completes ad-hoc assignments that assist in development and implementation of strategies and new processes.
- Thrives in a team atmosphere and has the confidence to adjust and adapt as priorities change.
- Reviews existing business processes to identify areas of improvement. Develops a basic understanding of processes and technology, enabling a cross-functional perspective on product/process opportunities.
- Develop strong business relationships across the enterprise to enable a strong mutual understanding of risks and opportunities while also achieving close alignment on business needs
- 5 - 10 years of experience in the financial services/brokerage industry
- A high level of integrity, earning the respect and trust of his/her peer groups and executives
- Strong industry acumen, self-starter and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills a must – verbal and written
- Personal confidence with outstanding leadership capabilities
- Ability to collaborate and work across a large and highly matrixed organization and collaborate/influence as appropriate
- Ability to work in a team environment, motivate team members and influence behavior of others
- Exceptional interpersonal and partnership skills and the ability to positively influence outcomes, particularly in difficult matters
- Highly motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Must be able to work independently, and work effectively with all levels of management
- Efficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Smartsheet experience preferred
- BA or BS/MBA preferred
- Client facing experience in the financial industry (Advisor or Institution)
- Experience in advisor facing technologies or processes
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Industry knowledge or certifications (e.g. CFP, CFA, CLU, ChFC)
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.