VP, Relationship Management, Strategic Wealth ServicesApply Job ID: R-014520 Date posted: 04/27/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations CA-Remote
We are currently looking to hire a VP, Strategic Wealth Services (SWS)/Relationship Management (RM) within our Care Organization.
The Relationship Management team is responsible for satisfaction, growth and retention of LPL’s top advisors and offices. This position is responsible for a group of advisors that are part of the Strategic Wealth Services affiliation model. Strategic Wealth Services (SWS) is a turnkey solution targeting large advisors or teams, who are looking to break away from their current firm (in most cases wirehouses) but do not want the risk and complexity of starting and operating their own independent RIA. Being a part of this model our advisors will receive best-in-class transition services, customized business setup, and ongoing specialized business solutions that allow advisors to focus on their practice, team, and clients.
The SWS RM will be responsible for proactively managing advisory firms that are part of LPL’s SWS service model by developing and maintaining a complete, end-to-end understanding of the advisors’ business. There will be an ongoing emphasis on managing, growing and retaining his/her advisor relationships by using proven sales strategies and tactics with an emphasis on promoting the value, benefits and features of LPL’s SWS platform. By developing a thorough understanding of the advisors’ businesses, the RM will be responsible for crafting effective solutions to assist them in meeting their business goals and objectives, often leveraging their Business Solutions partners. Additionally the RM will act as the primary point of contact between his/her advisors and LPL Financial. This role will combine relationship management skills, sales skills, project management skills and business analytics to fully understand and achieve business growth, retention and satisfaction objectives.
The role will work within a unique relationship management model that involves high-level coordination of the dedicated Customer Care Team and Business Solutions partners, ensuring that all efforts are delivered in a way that meets the needs of the advisors without overwhelming the team with LPL support.
Extensive phone work is instrumental for the success of the SWS Relationship Manager, therefore the ability to effectively communicate and build quality relationships over the telephone, as well as face-to-face, is of critical importance. Travel will be required during several key points in the SWS relationship, including: early sales meetings, onboarding sessions, regular in-office meetings with the advisors and attendance at national conferences. Anticipated travel should be at least 60% and will include overnight travel given the geography of your territory.
- Serve as a lead point of contact for assigned clients, developing strong, long-lasting trusted advisor relationships
- Ensure timely and coordinated delivery of services by orchestrating with Business Solutions and Customer Care partners
- Deliver regular reporting of client account status, including activities, open items, notable wins, and any concerns.
- Examine trends and develop insights at the firm level and across the SWS firms in order to better support the advisor segment and identify opportunities to evolve and enhance programs to increase client satisfaction – continuous improvement is expected as the offering evolves
- Identify opportunities to increase client satisfaction by creating programs to increase sense of community across SWS teams
- Manage attrition risk by proactively partnering with internal stakeholders to resolve high profile and complex situations
- Participate as a subject matter expert through the recruiting phase of prospective recruits for early introduction, adoption and continuity of relationships
- Engage in high level strategic discussions with both advisors and the executive team
- Develop and demonstrate an expertise in LPL platform, products and services
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or related field; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in financial services preferable in sales, consulting and/or client service/relationship management
- Series 7 and 63 preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the client segment, organization, product, industry, and end customer
- Ability to effectively analyze situations, applying solutions to achieve resolution
- Thrives in a results-oriented environment with a ‘do what it takes’ approach and a demonstrated history of managing client relationships to achieve stated goals
- Strong oral and written communicator who is able to convey messages, inspire action and drive performance within area of accountability.
- Strong executive presence with the ability to interact with and influence key senior executive stakeholders
- Externally, this position interacts with advisors who own their businesses (consider them CEO's)
- Internally, this position interacts with middle and senior management at LPL
- Demonstrated sales success is highly desired
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive is necessary
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.