VP - Sales Manager, Insurance/AnnuitiesApply Job ID: R-004380 Date posted: 09/11/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Role Description & Responsibilities
Description: The Sales Manager is responsible for the management and leadership of the insurance and annuity sales organization. The role will lead our management team to drive sales growth for LPL Insurance Associates and our annuity consulting team. The Sales Manager will develop strategy, execute the business plan and develop our sales capabilities in support of the LPL affiliated advisors. This position will be a member of the Wealth Planning leadership team, a division of our National Sales and Consulting organization.
Responsibilities: The Sales Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our insurance and annuity business. This will include specifically:
*Building on our strategy to grow insurance and annuity sales
*Leading our sales managers and various business units inside of our sales teams (internal sales, field sales and advanced planning)
*Execution and accountability of our performance and business model
*Develop and enhance our sales culture in support of the LPL advisors
*Talent Development – sales development of our managers and consultants
- Creating and maintaining a positive culture that values high performance, collaboration, transparency and talent development.
- Examine trends, develop insights, and create solutions in order to better support Advisors and the Sales Team
- Creating department goals, evaluating team’s results to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization
- Collaborative engagement with critical internal/external stakeholders to ensure alignment of goals and priorities
- Identify opportunities and create programs to increase same store sales growth and retention on LPL’s insurance and annuity platform, advisor satisfaction, and adoption/satisfaction of LPL enterprise services (LPL Research, Financial Planning, Outsourced Services, Private Client Group, Insurance and Annuity, The Private Trust Company, Business Intelligence, Sponsor Relations, Marketing, Compliance, STO, and Product/Platform Management).
- Incentive compensation planning, performance management and assessment
- Territory T&E planning and assessment
- Manage attrition risk of Advisors by proactively partnering with internal stakeholders to resolve high profile and complex situations
- Partner will carrier sponsors to drive strategy and sales growth
- Strong executive presence with the ability to interact with and influence LPL Senior Management
- Project Management Work
- Various public speaking engagements to include advisor, sponsor and industry events
- Developing and executing business plan initiatives
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's degree required, MBA and/or industry certifications are a plus
- Minimum Experience Required: 10+ years of Financial Services experience with a sales/sales management background
- Experience leading large and complex teams required, background in both insurance company employment and 3rd party distribution preferred
- Field sales experience are a plus.
- Licenses/Certifications Required/Preferred: Series 7 & 63 licenses are required; Life Insurance license required, Advanced designation preferred
- Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred: Experience working with WebEx, MS Office, Excel, *
- SalesForce and Miller Heiman (or advanced sales training) preferred
- National and local travel is required
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, public speaking expertise, strong customer service and marketing skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills, as well as a strong attention to detail are essential for success in this position
- Must be a strong team player that thrives in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience managing a regional sales territory is a plus
- Successful candidates will be self-motivated and goal driven and will be compensated through an incentive based compensation structure.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.