VP, Senior Development ManagerApply Job ID: R-006349 Date posted: 04/04/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
VP, Senior Development Manager
The Enterprise Data & Information Systems organization at LPL is seeking a Senior Development Manager to oversee and deliver multiple large-scale strategic initiatives. We are seeking a candidate who has demonstrated prior ability to own end to end solutions for high profile complex systems from inception to delivery as well as the ability to improve existing systems and processes. This is a strategic role that is both business facing and highly visible.
The Senior Development Manager is a dynamic role requiring a skillset that crosses multiple technology areas including: technical leadership, architecture, design, data modeling, development, technology innovation, and continual improvement. This position requires close collaboration with the business and product teams to understand business requirements and formulate appropriate solutions. The incumbent is solely responsible to oversee the development, implementation, and ongoing enhancements of their platforms. This role will be key in implementing strategic solutions needed by LPL and our advisors by providing innovative technical capabilities to our partners.
The incumbent must have a proven track record leading resources in a distributed environment and be a highly motivated self-starter that is a proven collaborator and innovator. They must be passionate about a delivering a high-quality customer centric experience, delivering excellence in everything they do.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Application life-cycle management of large scale applications and platforms, preferably enterprise data integration
- Develop, in partnership with enterprise architecture and senior leaders, and execute on an overall data integration strategy
- Management of analyst and development teams responsible for the implementation of large-scale mission critical systems
- Act as one of the key decision makers regarding which technologies will be utilized to address key business problems
- Collaborate with enterprise and solutions architecture to ensure solutions and platforms are designed properly, meet our strategic vision and are supportable and cost effective
- Develop strong relationships with business partners to better understand their needs, manage expectations, and deliver value-added solutions
- Collaborate with other teams (technical and non-technical) to ensure successful project delivery and adherence to appropriate SDLC processes
- Develop and maintain key vendor relationships
- 10+ years in a technical management capacity for a large distributed group in an enterprise with a high performing technical team
- 15+ years of professional software development experience in a diverse set of technology disciplines
- 10+ years of financial services/brokerage firm experience preferred
- Working knowledge of multiple investment grade asset classes, including the automation of processes related to the investment, trading and regulatory requirements of said asset classes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related field
- Proven track record delivering data centric products used for regulatory and customer reporting
- Experience with designing and implementing mission critical systems that manage large scale data sets
- Experience working with remote teams and offshore vendors
- Experience managing both departmental and project budgets
- Proven ability to manage resource allocations across production support, maintenance, and new development activities
- Experience managing both departmental and project budgets
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with relational databases and strong functional knowledge of SQL
- Experience with distributed computing platforms and practical development experience in one or more programming languages
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with DevOps processes
- Experience working within both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Broad background of software engineering skills on a variety of technologies, including:
oMS SQL, Oracle
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.