The Vice President, Advisor Strategy will be an integral part of our innovative, entrepreneurial, high-performing Business Development organization that is leading the evolution of LPL’s go-to-market strategy.
Our VP strategist will work with her/his team to tackle some of the most immediate and pressing opportunities and challenges to our business. This will entail:
- Outstanding ability to identify, quantify, and articulate opportunities, strengths, threats, and weaknesses
- Produce detailed scenario analysis based on an evaluation framework of your design to assess various strategic options for capitalizing on an opportunity or addressing a threat. A unique gift to put yourself in the shoes of your audience and anticipate questions and objections will be a plus
- Collaborate closely with the finance teams to estimate financial impact; in component and in aggregate, of the various options for consideration
- Perform or manage industry research on solutions similar to those you propose; both in financial services and outside financial services
- Be, and stay, very well versed in the industry landscape of wealth management and financial advisors; with particular interest in new entrants and relevant, recent shifts
- Work with corp strategy and corp pricing team to develop proposals for existing client repricing as an element of the strategic scenario evaluation
- Adept with power point & excel
- Added data programming capability a plus
- Ability to recruit and foster top caliber talent
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
We know the confidence gap, parental pause, and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we want to hear from you.
- Minimum 8-10 years of extensive experience working in the independent wealth management industry, with a high level of proficiency in the RIA marketplace (including custodians, technology vendors, platform service providers, etc.) required.
- Familiarity with the unique business considerations for RIAs and how they may differ from other financial institutions, including regulatory compliance, technology, service experience, etc.
- Superior analytical skills with an ability to identify relevant data, evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and present findings in a clear and actionable manner
- Team-player with a positive can-do attitude, with an ability to both contribute as an individual and develop a motivated, high performing team of employees.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams and business leaders to manage, execute and implement strategies that you designed.
- Ability to travel as needed (approx. 25% of time).
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.