VP, Talent DevelopmentApply Job ID: R-014880 Date posted: 07/21/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Do you love developing talent and bringing the best out in others through user centricity and innovation? Enjoy a balance of strategy and execution, just enough influence and weed working?
The VP, Talent Development will be a strategic partner focused on LPL’s promise to deliver on industry leading development for career growth through strategy, tools and processes that enable employees to deliver against business and leadership goals and bring their best self to LPL Financial, resulting in having the best leaders in the industry. The VP will consult and collaborate with operating and functional business leaders and will work with internal talent partners to create and implement an enterprise leadership strategy, pipeline, and programs focused on developing leaders who can lead at all levels in the organization. She/he will be responsible for deepening existing performance management processes and frameworks, establish new ways to assess, develop and retain top talent through leadership development programs and execute the performance management process end to end (goal setting, talent assessment/hi-po identification, and mid/year end cycles). This role will report to the SVP Leadership Development and Performance Management and through a combination of strategic, operational and tactical leadership will work to ensure alignment and integration with all talent management initiatives.
- Create and manage leadership development programs that vary in scale to equip top talent (mid to SVP leaders) to move further along in their careers and thrive in their new positions at LPL (analyze the impact of programs and make changes as needed while providing executive level reporting)
- Manage and continuously improve the design, development, and execution of the corporate performance review process (end-to-end including elements such as ratings, process, communications, timing, workday and coaching integration, etc.) with high collaboration to increase the value and use of the HR systems
- Lead initiatives and programs to drive a culture of coaching and the roadmap to future state of coaching for performance as the platform for performance management
- Consult and facilitate for business leaders as part of team or business development (strategy, team performance, behavioral assessments, 360’s)
- Leverage people analytics to deliver on innovative, yet practical talent development solutions that drive performance
- Develop talent programs that will provide top talent with opportunities for exposure to other areas and leaders of the company in order to build business acumen and general manager skills
- Lead and develop solutions that equip employees to think, act and perform in a digital and omni channel workforce that is transforming daily
- Create framework for mitigating bias in performance management and talent assessment processes
- Equip leaders to grow with the organization and the evolution of our culture
- Develop and report on objectives and key results (OKRs) for Leadership and performance management
- Liaise with our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion colleagues to ascertain how the needs of our DE&I intentions can be met via existing and/or new programming.
- Partner with employee learning and development to ensure we are empowering employees to manage their own careers and to help managers to coach and guide employees through their careers.
- Constantly challenge our existing programming to ensure it is meeting the needs of our employee population and organizational culture
What will success look like in first 90 days?
- Learn the current performance management system and execute on process in flight
- Assume responsibility for full performance management system/process and plan/execute for year-end process
- Work with leadership team to support current programs and products (Coaching for Performance) while offering innovative ideas and execution support
- Partner to create initial offering of Senior Vice President experience for top talent SVPs
- 10+ years of experience in talent development, organizational design, and/or performance management
- Consistent demonstration of strategic thought leadership and ability to pivot and work in a fast paced environment
- Understanding of best practices and trends in leadership development and performance management
- Experience in Agile methodology and workday a plus
- Ability to develop, measure, and report program-specific objectives and key results (OKR)
- Knowledge in talent assessment instruments and utilization to design customized development plans
- Experience in full program/product management (design, development, execution, and measurement)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey the message in a way that best meets the needs of the audience (i.e., PowerPoint)
- Ability to lead and influence through consultation, coaching and collaboration
- Comfort with presenting to senior leaders and external stakeholders
- BA/BS or equivalent in relevant business experience
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.