VP, Technology Compliance TestingApply Job ID: R-007808 Date posted: 10/08/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Vice President, Technology Compliance Testing, is responsible for contributing to the Firm’s risk mitigation efforts by establishing and operating an independent control and compliance testing program. This program will support the identification, assessment, and documentation of operational and regulatory risks that are a result of failed internal processes, systems or controls. The Vice President is the leader of a team of subject matter experts on risk identification, assessment, and testing and will maintain a high level of knowledge, expertise and practice within this capacity.
The Technology Compliance Testing team is part of LPL's Compliance, Legal, and Risk (CLR) division that supports the organization in monitoring, measuring and managing the company's regulatory and operational risk exposures. While this role reports to the SVP of Technology Compliance, you’ll closely align with the Technology leadership team, Compliance Risk Assessment team and Internal Audit to plan, coordinate and execute the annual testing activities.
Control Testing Program Oversight (80%)
- Establish and staff a program to evaluate Information technology control activities to detect violations of Firm policies and/or regulatory rules and requirements (e.g., FINRA, MSRB, NFA and SEC).
- Develop strategies for testing the design, operating effectiveness, efficiency and appropriateness of operational processes and controls.
- Coordinate a testing program with ERM and Compliance 3120 testing teams
- Establish a training and review program for work papers of team members. Provide helpful feedback and coaching as necessary.
- Present testing results to senior management and obtain management’s plan of action to remediate findings.
- Evaluate the adequacy of management’s remediation of issues discovered through various assurance activities at the Firm (remediation testing).
- Clearly communicate the risks associated with control testing failures/gaps to Operational Risk Leadership
Control Design Consultation (20%)
- Assist technology partners in process mapping activities
- Advise technology departments on proper location and design of controls.
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting, Computer Science or related field preferred)
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in a Big-4 Accounting/Consulting firm focused in financial services and technology controls and testing
- Deep knowledge of information technology concepts
- Working knowledge of the three lines of defense model of risk management
- Ability to interact and collaborate well with all levels of the organization, including senior executives, as well as external partners or vendors
- A proven self-starter who is able to operate in a matrixed environment
- Experience leading teams
- Stellar written and oral communication skills
- Graceful under pressure, resilient, and flexible in the face of change
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines with ability to deliver quality work quickly, when needed
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.