VP, Technology - Digital Content Experience Tech LeadApply Job ID: R-001092 Date posted: 11/09/2017 Primary Location CA-San Diego
As VP, Technology - Digital Content Experience Tech Lead, help identify and transform the digital and online experiences of LPL clients. Assist with designing superior client experiences, and employ broad technical knowledge on enterprise content management systems, to bring them to life. This role will engage with various analytics groups to identify patterns in client engagements with a focus to refine and build repeatable templates and models that help achieve speed and scale.
This role requires a successful and experienced practitioner, able to lead discussions with business partners that identify and define breakthrough client experiences. Must be experienced in translating that client experience into digital platforms and user interfaces, and working with the technical teams who will build the prototypes and implement final solutions. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make a vision a reality.
- Work with business partners to build and deliver hands-on workshops to enhance current digital platforms, or create a new digital offering
- Design new, and refine existing, client experiences; create empathy maps, journey maps, storyboards, and wireframes as needed to guide prototype design and development
- Work collaboratively with prototyping teams to translate that new client experience into a working prototype that brings the idea to life and informs executive decisions about market introduction
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture group on integrating new technologies into the client experience (video, voice, social)
- Collaborate with other solution architects to ensure strategic and tactical goals of project efforts are met
- Contribute to, and participate in, projects to ensure successful implementation of defined digital experience solutions
- Work with technical teams to ensure overall support and stability of platforms and assist with troubleshooting when production incidents arise
- 5-10 years of experience as a leading customer experience practitioner – leading problem definition, opportunity identification, or design thinking workshops
- Ability to work with business partners to define innovative digital offerings using leading experience design tools and techniques (empathy maps, customer journeys, wireframes, and prototypes)
- Experience with integrating multimedia (e.g. video, chat, social) into digital platforms
- Working knowledge of multiple ECM platforms (e.g. Adobe AEM, Documentum, SharePoint)
- Solid understanding of Enterprise Content Management Governance principles and practices
- Operational excellence mind-set and experience
- Data driven with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to simplify complexity and develop scalable propositions
- Good understanding of software development life cycle and Agile or Iterative methodologies (especially Waterfall/Agile hybrid)
- Prior experience with offshore-onshore development teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams and business units
- Education – Bachelor’s or above
- Recent experience with, and demonstrated leadership in, the realm of enterprise customer digital innovation or digital transformation
- Ability to multitask and manage portfolio of cross-functional programs and projects – work prioritization, planning, collaboration, and management
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.