VP, Trading Chief of StaffApply Job ID: R-015420 Date posted: 06/03/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The VP, Chief of Staff’s primary responsibilities will include driving key Trading department initiatives, surfacing business insights and creating executive presentations, enabling the EVP and senior team to deliver on strategic priorities. The role includes identifying key metrics and developing reporting that will surface opportunities and risks to the organization. Additionally, the Chief of Staff will be responsible for tracking projects and holding stakeholders accountable for execution. As an execution-oriented consultant, the successful candidate will drive organizational excellence within Trading based on the priorities of the EVP. The person will act as an extension of the EVP in order to promote informed decision-making and successful execution of department objectives.
- Act as a key adviser to the department head and key senior business partners
- Establish and maintain effective business management and key metric reporting routines
- Coordinate and drive the execution of strategic initiatives and department-wide deliverables which drive a high level of adoption
- Assist the department head in creating department goals and operationalizing the business plan
- Partner with Finance to develop and efficiently track the department budget and resource allocation
- Work cross-functionally with other business units (advisor solutions, compliance, human capital, legal, operations, service, technology, and others are needed)
- Prepare influential executive-level presentations to facilitate fact-based business decisions and deliver compelling recommendations and department updates
- Implement and maintain a consistent approach to reporting, system utilization, training and other key areas of department enablement
- Bring diverse groups together in order to drive collaborative management
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Finance, Business or related discipline
- 7-10 years’ experience in business management and/or the financial services industry
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills
- Excellent presentation development (PowerPoint) and storytelling skills
- Expert level proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word required)
- A natural and confident leader who can motivate employees
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong executive presence
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently in a very fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and maintain confidentiality
- Highly collaborative with experience leading and influencing teams and individuals across business lines, functional areas and leadership levels in an organization, courage to hold peers accountable
- Series 7 preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.