VP, Training & CommunicationsApply Job ID: R-007290 Date posted: 08/08/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The VP, Training and Communication role is a full time role located in San Diego reporting to the SVP in Business Consulting. This role strives to build a culture of high performing and always prepared business consultants through training, communications and outstanding consulting programs and tools. Consults with business consulting leaders on coaching, programs and tools that lead to best in class team performance, and how to support them through active engagement. Leads creation and adoption of tools and programs, as well as consistent rigorous measurement of key metrics to monitor individual & team adoption and utilization for senior leader reporting. Additionally has ownership of all IAS business consulting team member on-boarding, and establishes standards of training to be completed prior to engaging with our advisor community.
- Works closely with marketing and communications team, as well as other divisions of NSC, to follow LPL standards and design for consulting Playbooks. Owns editing and updating content, as well as delivering Playbooks to the business consultant and relationship manager teams for consistent approach to advisor interactions and engagement across IAS BC.
- Manages annual calendar of customized advisor communication pieces (geared to practice styles and needs).
- Supporting ad-hoc needs of Business Consultants and Relationship Managers to deliver critical information to advisors on an ‘as needed’ basis to drive elevated engagement opportunities with advisors, practices and large enterprises.
- Responsible for creation, design and implementation of annual training plan/calendar by team, and for entire team, including National Sales conferences support and contributions.
- Owns and manages team on-boarding including LPL resources and tools relating to role, and role specific workshops relating to key Pillars of Consulting, and Relationships Management. Maintains consistent standards of delivery on IAS BC ways of consulting across our advisor community.
- Contributes to monthly performance summaries for IAS BC to include quality and quantity metrics on tool adoptions and program engagement.
- Miller Heiman champion for IAS business consulting. To include training, NSC alignment, and adoption of tools through leader consultation and BC/RM training (individual and group).
- Builds and maintains business consulting Playbooks that align with the Pillars of Consultation, including consultant guides, advisor facing collateral and discussion checklists/manuals. Working with subject matter expert teams to ensure content is current, accurate and deep enough by Pillar for consultants to have meaningful discussions that add value before passing to subject matter expert teams to execute on agreement next steps. This will include, but not be exclusive of, succession planning, acquisitions, advisor recruiting, lead generation, affiliation models and more.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in communications, marketing, training, business administration, sales, or equivalent combined education or work related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years training and marketing/communications experience
- Service industry experience preferred, with focus on business to business relationships
- Franchise or affiliate model business experience preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Training facilitation experience preferred
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Proven people management track record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Culturally sensitive and team oriented with outstanding influencing skills
- Expert level proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite: excel, powerpoint required
- Client centric mid-set and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually improve the end to end client experience
- Reliable self-starter, with a collaborative mindset and ability to build strong relationships across any organization
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.