VP, Vulnerability ManagementApply Job ID: R-008467 Date posted: 02/07/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is seeking an VP of Vulnerability Management to work within its growing Information Security department reporting to the VP, Security Operations.
Leading the Threat and Vulnerability Management team that covers application security and infrastructure security across a range of technologies and environments, databases, applications, mobile and cloud.
You will be working directly with technology partners and collaborating with the security operations team to help identify and remediate security vulnerabilities using vulnerability management scanning technology, as well as through static and dynamic application testing.
- Lead the Vulnerability Management program for both infrastructure and software development
- Build and maintain the Threat and Vulnerability program while helping team members to execute against overall strategy
- Ensure code reviews and vulnerability research are conducted
- Presents and report current issues and concerns to senior leadership
- Ensure the successful completion and reporting of infrastructure scanning activities to support remediation efforts, risk reduction and compliance.
- Analyze the security of web applications, companion native mobile applications, and APIs; where issues are discovered, work cross-functionally to prioritize resolution/mitigation
- Serve as a technical reference for developers and engineering teams
- Identify gaps in existing security architecture and recommend improvements
- Manage the consolidation of large sets from data specific to vulnerabilities for applying accurate risk weighting and prioritization
- Develop and automate reporting and metrics
- Maintain current knowledge on new vulnerabilities and exploits. Develop methods to detect and prevent intrusive activities utilizing knowledge. Assist in developing countermeasures to isolate, contain and prevent intrusive actives and secure.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new security tools, techniques, and technologies and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy.
- Seek to identify and implement process and program improvements.
- Oversee SSL Certificate Management Function
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with vulnerability assessment, web application testing, database testing, and network assessments
- Experience with fundamental technologies including RAPID7, Qualys or Nessus products in an Enterprise setting.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with peer organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, resourceful, responsive with strong follow through.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of common application security issues and remediation techniques
Bachelor's degree in Information Security or Technology related field
- Experience driving measurable improvement in monitoring and response capabilities at scale.
- 5+ years of experience with security testing and running vulnerability management programs
- 3+ years of experience in a management, leadership, or supervisory role
In addition the following certifications and skills are desired CISSP or CISM, ITIL Foundation, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification, SANS GCIH or higher, Vulnerability Scanning Vendor-specific certification
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.