Web Content ManagerApply Job ID: R-004925 Date posted: 10/31/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is seeking a Web Content Manager to join the Marketing department. Reporting to the AVP of Marketing Operations, this individual will have a key role in the ongoing management and marketing of content on two digital platforms -- an e-commerce web site where financial advisors can order customizable marketing materials, and a digital marketing automation email tool, that allows financial advisors to launch their own marketing email campaigns. The ideal candidate should have strong writing, content management and marketing skills. In addition, they must have an understanding of web usability and best practices, and a passion for ensuring content meets high quality standards.
- Engages with internal business partners to assist them with posting content on web site
- Reviews new content submissions for posting on site, and coordinates updates with vendor using online workflow tool
- Performs user-acceptance testing/QA of all new customizable materials on website prior to go-live
- Drafts text for graphical hero cards to promote new content on the sites
- Manages monthly performance reporting for both platforms; analyzes trends in usage; highlights impacts of various marketing efforts on overall platform engagement, and provides marketing recommendations for improved platform and content adoption
- Works with vendor on new campaign content, and routes content through various internal channels for departmental and compliance reviews
- Writes custom content as needed to help support advisors in their marketing efforts
- Work with sponsors and content vendors to source, review and select content for inclusion on the platforms
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the platforms’ content
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing or Communications
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in content management and marketing
- Understanding of basic web design principles and best practices in web site usability
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills
- High level of enthusiasm, self-motivation, and critical thinking
- Background in the financial industry preferred, but not required
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.