Assistant Vice President, Digital Content OperationsApply Job ID: R-018169 Date posted: 10/04/2021 Primary Location SC-Remote Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Titling: Level 7A
Reports to: Vice President, Digital Content Strategy & Operations
We are currently seeking an Assistant Vice President (AVP), Digital Content Operations and Governance to join the Digital Content Strategy and Operations Team in driving digital content and platform management expertise across all digital transformation initiatives. This role will define the vision and strategy of a novel enterprise content management and distribution platform. You will drive adoption for digital content management and engage business areas to understand the value proposition of this new function to their strategic direction and digital transformation. You will lead business areas through all stages of the digital content lifecycle including directing the development, implementation, digital content requests, and creation and distribution efforts. This is a “creative director operator” role, driving the vision and demonstrating expertise in workflow engineering, product management, and governance. This role is critical in engineering processes for how we effectively organize, expedite, and execute the delivery of the right content, to the right place, at the right time, while supporting and championing the efficiency and effectiveness of the digital content creation and strategy teams and processes. You will manage stakeholder department leads, procedures, and system workflows to deliver requested digital content projects on time, in scope, and within budget. Success in this role relies on an individual’s ability to manage direct reports, lead cross-functional teams, champion projects and influence to shared vision, and flex in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment. This position works closely with the technical team in solution design and development. As the solution business owner, this position will be a strong, strategic and collaborative leader with a background in Agile delivery. They must excel at content modeling and working across multiple functions with design, front-end and back-end architecture, engineering, and product teams.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of technology, digital content creation lifecycles, CMS and technology project management, content governance, and industry-standard business practices in creating structured and unstructured digital content processes within governed regulatory and compliant environments. Occasional Saturday and week-day evening User Acceptance Testing (UAT) required (approximately 5-15 hours per month). This position must be based in Fort Mill, SC (Charlotte, NC metro area).
• Directs the day-to-day activities of approximately 2-5 direct reports on the content operations team.
• Develops and own the business execution with clear objectives and key results (OKRs), outcomes, and results for the AEM Enterprise Content platform(s), content operations, and content governance and implementation.
• Leads product scoping, document technical and functional requirements, develop solution design, implementation and validation specifications.
• Leads the high level requirements and grooming sessions for enterprise AEM Content platform(s) and works with the SCRUM team to outline and prioritize epics, features, and stories.
• Works with developers and the SCRUM team to define and prioritize a backlog for enterprise AEM Content platform(s) that continuously delivers measurable value towards the vision.
• Drives and evangelizes thought leadership and critical thinking to the enterprise content strategy, digital content governance framework, and content operations best practices, clearly articulating opportunities for improvement.
• Creates, manages, and implements process documentation and content governance standard operating procedures to ensure success and drive adoption of the digital content operations program.
• Acts as a Subject Matter Expert and liaison between the business stakeholders, UX Designers, and the development teams in an agile working framework, ensuring understanding and direction.
• Advance the use of content metadata to support an optimized front-end customer experience as well as to support back-end operational processes and reporting.
• Consistently develops expertise and promotes thought leadership in the evolving trends of agile digital content management eco-systems, headless content management, and content operations.
• Leads User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in partnership with the QA and DEV teams as an AEM Platform Feature Owner and responsible for sign-off on all Primary and RAD Technology Releases.
• Provide governance leadership in the areas of content management and content operations, establishing integrated content plans for initiatives, aligning priorities, and developing a forum to escalate roadblocks.
• Defines and directs content governance processes, including engineering and refining workflows and production calendars using industry best practices for content management.
• Owns and manages the reporting dashboards for operational metrics and analytics, content usage metrics and performance reporting, turning them into actionable insights to drive continuous improvement.
• Directs cross functional resources for all approved digital content projects ensuring all processes are followed when requesting and enlisting resources. Communicates with department leads to convey resource management.
• Continuously develop new and unique ways to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and velocity of the processes and systems that support the digital content lifecycle stages as it aligns to digital transformation.
• Foster cross-functional teamwork and collaboration to set goals to solve problems and make decisions that enhance organizational and operational effectiveness.
• Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
• Make clear and timely decisions by assessing situations to determine the importance, urgency, and associated risks-vs-reward.
• B.A. or B.S. degree in Digital Experience, Data Library Science, Information Management, Database Management, Product Management, or a related field.
• 7+ years of experience in product management, business process optimization, content management, or business resource management experience related role at a major consulting firm, financial services institution, or large retailer (or some combination of these experiences).
• Experience building high-quality, enterprise-level native content management systems, digital asset management systems, and analytics tools.
• 3+ years of experience developing content management platforms and processes using Adobe Experience Manager.
• 2+ years of experience working in an agile (specifically SAFe) framework, with distributed teams and industry standard agile delivery tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Planview).
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.