AVP, Events and Conference Planner
LPL’s National Sales and Marketing division is hiring an Assistant Vice President, Conference Experiences, to drive growth of our existing client relationships. This role will be responsible for planning, producing, and successfully executing in-person, hybrid, and virtual events to drive maximum return on investment for the company.
LPL’s conference experiences are a best-in-class, high-touch, impactful lever in our overall client engagement framework. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record as a creative and strategic thinker and an agile problem solver with flawless operational and tactical execution skills. The role requires exceptional prioritization and time management skills; the ability to thrive in an ever-changing and fluid environment; and an egoless collaborator who exemplifies the qualities of a team player. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about creating memorable client experiences.
What will you do?
- Develop and manage project plans to execute conferences that align with LPL’s strategy and drive business outcomes while delivering a great client experience.
- Lead and execute strategy and logistical aspects for in-person, hybrid, and virtual conferences including but not limited to: theme and messaging, program format, platform development, content creation, food and beverage, branding and signage, audio visual, show flow and production, and security.
- Build strong relationships and lead cross-functional meetings with internal and external partners to develop conference objectives and content strategy that delivers key results for firm wide and line of business priorities.
- Partner with data analyst to develop, track and report out to stakeholders on key metrics for each conference including attendee surveys, participation data, content views and more to provide information to support project outcomes, ROI and help inform future projects and ensure projects and programs align to company priorities. Learn quickly from feedback and apply an entrepreneurial mindset to nimbly iterate based on the feedback.
- Accurately manage conference budget to forecasted expense and sponsor revenue.
- Implement industry trends and bring new resources, tools, and ideas to team to continuously improve and elevate the client experience.
- Lead projects and provide overall team support outside of day-to-day conference planning.
- Manage, coach, mentor, and support direct report and other planners on the team
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- 8+ years of corporate meeting planning experience; financial industry preferred
- Degree in event planning, hospitality, or marketing
- Has the ability to see the big picture and execute at scale and articulates strategy through compelling written and verbal story telling
- Can look beyond the obvious and use experience to dig deep to find the root cause of a problem and effectively gathers data to identify, understand, and solve issues
- Proficient project manager that is capable of provide strong subject matter expertise and support to team
- Autonomous worker with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong familiarity with MS Office Suite
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.
- Financial Advisor - Sharonview Federal Credit Union Locations: Wilmington, North Carolina
- Financial Advisor - SouthState Bank Locations: Coral Gables, Florida
- Financial Advisor - Central Trust Bank Locations: Overland Park, Kansas
You have no saved jobs. Start browsing jobs here