AVP, Lead Analytic Developer (remote)
- Are you interested in solving complex data analytics puzzles?
- Are you solution-oriented and passionate about delivering results? Do you like thinking outside the box, learning new skills and problem solving?
- Do you have a successful track record in prior experience coaching, mentoring, and/or leading a team of analytic developers?
- Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things more efficiently and effectively?
- Are you interested in being key member of a new Center of Excellence (COE) – Analytics team focused on supporting all of Compliance – Legal – Risk (CLR)?
- Are you interested in being part of the LPL Firm wide Analytics Center of Excellence (ACE) group focused on bringing together a network of analytic developers?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
We are currently looking for an AVP,LeadAnalytics Developer who has the thought leadership to identify a robust inventory of potential analytic solutions to mitigate risk, technical skills to develop and realize those analytic solutions, leadership skills to mentor peers, and collaboration and consulting skills to build relationships with Product Owners. We are looking for someone who can independently build code to access and extract data as well as create visualizations to tell a holistic story.
- Develop & Deploy complex and continuous analytic solutions using the Analytic Development Lifecycle (ADLC). Typically descriptive and diagnostic analytics – with a future focus on predictive analytics.
- Business Understanding – Work with Product Owners to understand and interpret the request into a User Story and Acceptance Criteria.
- Data Understanding – Identify appropriate data sources, perform data quality validations and highlight known limitations and assumptions.
- Data Preparation – Access, mine, join and extract data from one or multiple data sources in LPL’s data ecosystem. Highlight known limitations and assumptions.
- Data Output Analysis – Leverage data visualization tools to assist in telling a story.
- Evaluation of Output – Based on risk, document data sources, filter/join selections, perform Test Case Scenarios, receive first level analytic manager approval, and obtain Product Owner approval.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 5+ years of relevant Analytics experience or equivalent through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience
- Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Actuarial Sciences, or other highly quantitative discipline as follows. Additional experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree. Advanced degrees (MA/MS/PhD) can be substituted in lieu of a portion of the experience.
- Technical Proficiency in at least one programming language (SQL, SAS, Python, etc.)
- Technical Proficiency with data visualization (Tableau, Power Bi, etc.)
- Operational Excellence experience following the Analytic Development Lifecycle (ADLC) or Model Development Lifecycle (MDLC)
- Operational Excellence experience following Agile “sprints” project management methodology
- Leadership & Mentoring – Positive attitude with an appetite for learning, overcoming obstacles as well as for seeking, embracing, and applying feedback.
- Strategic Agility – Demonstrated ability to identify problems, locate root cause, escalating with solutions in hand
- Stakeholder Relationship Management – Experience collaborating, consulting and building relationships with solution requestors (Product Owners) and ultimately creating results for our advisors and their clients.
- Problem Solving / Decision Making – Demonstrated ability to identify tactical and strategic solutions evidencing the ability to value progress over perfection and considering the big picture.
- Leadership & Mentoring – Experience leading, mentoring and building relationships with less experienced analytic developers
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.