Communications Lead, Conferences and Events
Do you enjoy writing communications for both clients and employees?
Do you enjoy delivering high impact messaging that reflect corporate strategies?
If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
LPL’s National Sales and Marketing division is hiring an Assistant Vice President, Conference and Event Communications Lead, to drive growth of our existing client relationships through highly relevant event communications. This role will be responsible for developing both client and employee communications strategies in support of dozens of in-person, hybrid, and virtual events we host annually.
LPL’s conference experiences are a best-in-class, high-touch, impactful lever in our overall client engagement framework. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about creating memorable client experiences. Reporting to the SVP of Conference Experiences, you’ll work closely with departments across the firm. We are seeking a new teammate that is passionate about delivering high impact messaging and a provocative writer who is willing to go beyond the status quo to think about themes that capture, inspire and motivate audiences while reflecting our corporate strategies.
- Develop an overarching communications framework in support of our annual client conference strategic plan
- Drive consistent and relevant messaging pre, during and post events for two audiences – both external clients as well as internal employees
- Develop and implement event-level marketing and communication plans
- Write, edit and disseminate clear and compelling marketing and communications, including but not limited to announcements, conference/business success stories, Q&As, speech or panel scripts, social media, and talking points.
- Contribute to content ideation, development, and curation in support of LPL’s client events across greater Marketing and Communication teams; partner with Brand team on content development as well as other writers engaged in conference preparation.
- Create board level updates with summaries of conference experiences as they wrap-up, and provide executive-level visibility to what’s ahead on the horizon.
- Ensure a consistent tone and voice across all communication materials.
- Leverage LPL owned multi-media channels (including web, video, social, and other media) to support conference goals and reader/viewer engagement.
- Develop and coordinate miscellaneous video and audio communications for events.
- Create, own and actively manage a detailed conference marketing and communications calendar.
- Act as a subject-matter expert on communication-related operational and editorial policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing and packaging internal event team narratives, updates, and status packages with focus on executive-level storytelling and engagement.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of 8 years of experience in marketing and communication
- Stellar written and oral communication skills, with the ability to grasp and translate complex and disparate ideas into cohesive and clear key messages delivered in a conversational tone
- Excellent organization and project management skills for project timelines
- Ability to interact and collaborate well with all levels of the organization, including senior executives, as well as external partners or vendors
- A proven self-starter who is comfortable tracking and managing multiple versions of a single piece, with a strong attention to detail and proven process for content management
- Graceful under pressure, resilient, and flexible in the face of change and revisions
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines with ability to deliver quality work quickly, when needed
- Ability to align multiple points of view, capture input, and synthesize communications deliverables to a final version
- Event planning experience
- Financial services experience
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.
- Financial Advisor - Sharonview Federal Credit Union Locations: Wilmington, North Carolina
- Financial Advisor - SouthState Bank Locations: Coral Gables, Florida
- Financial Advisor - Central Trust Bank Locations: Overland Park, Kansas
You have no saved jobs. Start browsing jobs here