Senior Data Analyst - Client DomainApply Job ID: R-010772 Date posted: 10/26/2020 Primary Location SC-Remote
- Maintain in-depth knowledge on the LPL data structures and repositories for Client data, as well as the systems of record and applications which are used to source and manage this data. This includes BETA, ClientWorks, New Account Opening, and CRM systems.
- Promote clear understanding on the definitions and usage of critical data elements and concepts which are relevant to the domain.
- Provide recommendations and support for the implementation of data quality measures and key metrics.
- Perform data analysis and profiling using standard toolsets (such as Informatica IDQ) as well as manual analysis methods to interpret trends or patterns, identify relationships, understand anomalies, assess data quality, and add context to requirements.
- Produce Data Requirements Specifications based on interpretation of Business Requirements, discussions with stakeholders, and overall knowledge of the data.
- Create and maintain data lineage flows and mapping documentation.
- Maintain and support business glossaries and data dictionaries/ catalogs.
- Work closely with data modelers and other IT counterparts to maintain logical and physical data models.
- Partner with Data Stewards and Data Owners in the identification and documentation of business metadata, taxonomies, and data classification.
- Provide guidance to technology teams on the relevant content and structure of service- and message-based data integration methods.
- Assist with root cause analysis and remediation of production support issues related to data integrity.
- Focus on continuous improvement of data lifecycle processes, procedures, standards, and usages.
Other Job Duties:
- Partner with other Data Domain Analysts and team members to promote consistency and best practices.
- Create data models at the conceptual and logical level depending on experience.
- • 7-10 years’ experience as a Data Analyst, Systems Analyst, or Developer role in a Data Management organization.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong knowledge of SQL or other query languages.
- Experience with SQL Server, Oracle, and Data Lake platforms.
- Familiar with information and data modeling practices and standards across conceptual, logical, and physical levels.
- Familiar with database design and development methodologies.
- Familiar with Data Definition Language (DDL) and Data Manipulation Language (DML) SQL commands.
- Experience developing and maintaining data dictionaries, data catalogs, and business glossaries.
- Familiar with service-oriented and message-based data integration practices.
- Outstanding engagement and communication skills to influence and guide business and technology stakeholders.
- Highly organized with strong communication, problem-solving, documentation, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to be proactive, possess flexible attitude, learn new skills, and manage ambiguity.
- Experience in financial services.
- Experienced in both waterfall and agile project methodologies.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.