Senior Developer - Enterprise Data Lake and Data DistributionApply Job ID: R-013513 Date posted: 04/20/2021 Primary Location SC-Remote
LPL is looking for a senior developer to work on the expansion of the enterprise data lake, build out of the strategic data distribution and ongoing development of the direct data feeds.
We are currently looking to hire a Sr. Developer – Big Data/Python-Spark Lead within the Enterprise Data and Information Services team, which is part of LPL’s Technology organization. This position is responsible for leading a team to deliver data integration projects across a wide variety of systems in support of business functions and processes to improve advisor experience.
· Lead development of data integrations on Hadoop ecosystem
· Adhere to industry standards and methodologies for software development
· Follow and provide feedback to technical guidance on standards, design patterns, architectural patterns and frameworks for services and integrations
· Collaborate with analysts, modelers and subject matter experts in domain and data modeling
· Understand and support metadata management and information science practices that unlocks data as an asset for the firm and improves its usability through its lifecycle
· Maintain technical documentation that facilitate understanding, maintaining, reusing and refactoring of code
· Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant 10 years of experience in IT related software development or support
· 6-8 years’ experience in design and development of Python or Scala and Spark Application
· Expert knowledge on Python or Scala and Spark.
· Experience with Distributed SQL Query Engine for Big Datalike Apache Drill or Presto.
· Experience with storage formats like parquet files, OCR, No-SQL databases (MapR DB, HBASE etc.)
· Experience with developing on a major Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudra, MapR etc.)
· Experience with any ETL tool (Informatica, DataSatge etc.) is preferred.
· Knowledgeable of Enterprise Data Lake patterns
· Experience with development against relational database (ex: Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
· Experience with DevOps toolchain that enables CI/CD pipeline (e.g., Git, TFS, Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus, Puppet)
· Strong problem-solving skills (e.g., root cause analysis) to debug or improve existing systems
· Strong project leadership skills to manage Agile team to deliver product features
· Financial services industry experience is a plus
· Experience with creation of metadata management artifacts such as data dictionary, business glossary, data flow map, data lineage diagram or ontologies
· Experience with design and development of services with high performance and scalability
· Experience with design, implementation and adoption of container tech stack (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
· Experience with development against non-relational database (e.g., key-value store, columnar store, graph database)
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.