Supervisory Principal, Central SupervisionApply Job ID: R-018145 Date posted: 10/07/2021 Primary Location SC-Remote Other Locations CA-Remote
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 19,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to objective guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Supervisory Principal, as part of the Central Supervision Unit (CSU) within our Compliance, Legal, and Risk (CLR) division, will be responsible for completing certain supervisory tasks on a daily basis to resolve potential sales practice concerns, and escalate matters to the appropriate persons when warranted. Great emphasis will be placed upon completing tasks according to the established Service Level Agreements and at a high level of quality.
- Making policy-based and analytical decisions in reviewing account and branch activity, including but not limited to:
- Review and approval of account documentation
- Suitability review of securities transaction via the trade blotter
- Review brokerage alerts via the OSJ Review Tool
- Review of advisory account alerts
- Review Non-Electronic Correspondence
- Ensuring that Financial Advisors are meeting the standards and requirements set by regulatory agencies and the company
- Leading investigations of questionable sales activity and work with Senior Analyst or Manager on resolution
- Keeping up to date with company and industry regulations; ability to interpret firm policies and procedures and incorporate into daily processes
Other Job Duties:
- Routinely interacts within a team environment to identify potential sales practice concerns, initiate escalations, and consult on problematic clients or branches
- Provide consultative support to clients
- Provide awareness across all BRM departments of any investigations, escalations, or emerging risks involving advisors and OSJs
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Series 7, 63 or 66, 24, 53, 4 or 9/10 required (or ability to obtain within 90 days)
- 5-7 years of related industry experience
- 2 years direct supervision experience
- Knowledge of mutual funds, annuities, general securities, and other financial products required
- Knowledge of FINRA, SEC, and State rules and regulations required
- Ability to work in a fast paced/high volume environment and be flexible with work schedule
- Ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving and follow-up skills are essential for this position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make regulatory and supervisory-based decisions will be necessary to complete the day-to-day functions of the role
- Proactive collaboration and service-based responses with business partners on escalated issues and concerns is essential
- Ability to develop compliance systems and strategies for effective supervision
- Experience with all Microsoft applications, particularly, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio, and familiarity with BETA a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.