Do you have a successful track-record of marketing to large enterprise financial advisors and institutions?
Do your business partners count on you to understand their clients’ needs and design impactful marketing experiences which help them achieve their growth and retention goals?
Are you innovative, creative, and can think outside of the box to define and implement differentiated marketing campaigns to raise awareness, encourage engagement, and drive results?
If so, LPL may have a Marketing role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
LPL Financial is looking for a VP, Institution Client Marketing to lead the marketing strategy and planning for our rapidly growing Institution Services business. Institution Services provides wealth management support for over 1,100 financial institutions across banks, credit unions, product distributors and institution-based networks. We are looking for someone who can develop intimate familiarity with our client segments, identify pain points and opportunities which can be addressed with creative marketing strategy, campaigns and experiences. This role will be responsible for creating and curating a unique marketing experience for our institutions’ leaders and their advisors. The ideal candidate will have a relentless focus on connecting marketing activity to business outcomes, be able to lead strategy development and be able to dive in with a cross-functional team to drive the execution. They will be a curious marketer who is driven to learn and is energized by the opportunity to build something new. They should be comfortable with ambiguity and pushing on the boundaries of what’s possible.
- Develop and manage Institution-focused marketing strategy and plan
- Advocate for institutions within broader National Sales & Marketing organization
- Serve as the primary Marketing partner to our institution business leadership, strategy and relationship management teams
- Develop and test new strategies for reaching and engaging institution decision makers, advisors and end investors
- Create and curate a marketing experience (campaigns, content, events, digital experiences) based on the unique needs of the leaders and advisors at our client institutions
- Partner with the Prospect Marketing team on mapping and supporting the client journey through transition, onboarding and acclimation to LPL
- Partner with data and research resources to develop a deep understanding of client needs and opportunities
- Partner with Institutional Services Relationship Managers to understand the unique needs of their segment and their clients
- Develop and manage an approach for supporting marketing needs of the institution-focused sales and relationship management teams
- Explore new opportunities for marketing partnerships and consultation with institutions
- Lead a team of marketing strategists and consultants responsible for designing the marketing programs for our institution clients
- Develop a vision for how LPL Client Marketing will support the growth of the institution business
- Measure and report out on the impact our marketing organization has on the institution business
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- B2B Marketing Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field
- 10+ years of related experience in Marketing and/or financial services
- Ability to analyze research, data and insights to solve complex problems and inform marketing strategy
- Experience developing client-focused marketing strategies and plans
- Demonstrated ability to tie marketing activity to business outcomes
- 5+ years building, leading and developing high performing teams
- Experience with customer journeys, personalization and data-driven marketing
- Experience creating or leveraging content and thought leadership as core component of the marketing strategy
- Experience interacting with, influencing, and serving as a strategic partner to business leadership
- Experience collaborating with internal COEs on the development of marketing campaigns, journeys and experiences
- Ability to develop compelling business cases to support the evolution of institution marketing
- MBA or Advanced Degree
- Account-based Marketing Experience
- Segmentation development and activation
- Customer Journey Orchestration
- Marketing Automation experience (Adobe, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience working with Financial Advisor businesses and/or Banks/Credit Unions
- Experience with Client Events marketing
- B2B2C Marketing Experience
Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play – such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that LPL has to offer!
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.