VP, Marketing Analytics and TargetingApply Job ID: R-023461 Date posted: 05/31/2022 Primary Location SC-Remote
LPL Financial is hiring a Vice President to lead the Marketing Analytics and Targeting team. As a member of our Digital Marketing & Content Operations team, you will lead insights, analysis and strategy to measure the performance of our presence across digital channels, garner feedback from key audiences and help our teams make informed decisions to deliver optimal digital experiences and sales growth. This role will also be accountable for building the strategy and implementation of LPL’s Digital Marketing behavioral targeting function. The preferred location for this position is Charlotte or San Diego, but hybrid or fully remote work location is available.
The ideal candidate will collaborate with business partners within the Finance, Data and Analytics, Technology, Research, Marketing, Corporate Communications and Client Experience divisions on measurement and strategy to help support core business initiatives executed through digital channels. You will influence our digital roadmap by highlighting insights and analytics that optimize or drive the creation of new digital capabilities that support growth, retention and audience engagement. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen with proven experience leading strategic analytics and insights programs and building up behavioral targeting and journey orchestration function. We also want to fully leverage your technical knowledge to guide how we best optimize our digital presence.
This role will manage a team focused on delivering:
- Marketing performance and campaign analytics for Marketing & Communication organization
- Building out a behavioral targeting function
- The ideal operating model to centralize targeted lists and delivery for digital channels and marketing data accessibility
- Contribute regulatory and compliance expertise to maintain data privacy and regulatory compliance
- Support GDPR/CCPA compliance application across channels
What will you do?
Lead Marketing Analytics
- Lead the evolution of marketing analytics function and define marketing data performance metrics aimed at helping identify growth and routinely measuring success, elevating insights and encouraging action
- Influence our digital marketing strategy through well-articulated insights that highlight opportunities for business outcomes
- Produce and socialize analytics reports and dashboards and ad hoc analysis to drive business value
- Enhance accuracy of marketing measurement and attribution working cross-functionally with Data Technology, Data Governance and Data Analytics teams
- Partner with business, Marketing partners and Data and Analytics teams to develop tactics and metrics to assess the effectiveness of existing marketing, advertising and communications programs and leverage analytic insights to identify opportunities
- Analyze data using statistics programs, predictive analytics and other data-driven tools
- Collect data on competitors’ tactics, market conditions and audience demographics
Develop Targeting & Delivery function
- Develop strategy and build a centralized targeting delivery practice and governance for marketing channels to support cross-channel orchestration.
- Develop and manage available marketing audience universe create reporting routines including a centralized suppression / filter process by channel and aligned with channel and industry regulations
- Support data integration and data formatting and support data technology advancement for centralizing data into Data Lake and making data accessible for marketing needs
- Working with Segmentation partners, develop and define audience overlap and prioritization
- Continually develop new linkages between client data sources for improved targeting and segmentation capabilities
- Work with Legal, Risk and Compliance to help develop optimal regulatory and compliance expertise to maintain data privacy and regulatory compliance
- Drive marketing data stewardship to ensure teams are consistently and accurately collecting campaign data
- Lead discovery efforts for future state of Marketing Analytics and Targeting
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices, platforms, tools and capabilities available for targeting and list management
- Working with key Tech, Data & Analytics partners create a framework for marketing’s data management, including acquisition, organization, storage, analytics and delivery
What are we looking for?
- Strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Egoless collaborator who works effectively in a matrixed environment and is comfortable counting on peers to work collectively toward mutual success
- Applies original and innovative thinking to produce new ideas and strong encouragement of experimentation to and optimize experiences and performance
- Strong analytical and communication skills to build compelling business cases in order to win internal support for marketing initiatives
- B.A. or B.S. in Marketing, Communications, Digital Experience, Data Analytics or related field; MBA or similar advanced degree a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in a digital data, list management and/or analytics at a major consulting firm, financial services institution, large retailer, news outlet or agency (or some combination of these experiences).
- 5+ years in broad digital channel experience, including email, social media, mobile, chat and emerging technologies and demonstrated knowledge of how client data feeds core business tools. Experience with AI a plus.
- Experience with digital and enterprise systems, analysis and reporting tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics, SAS, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience applying digital analytics and client data accessibility to drive business value and connecting to the MarTech stack.
- Data and database manipulation
- Experience leading both digital analytics and client data accessibility to drive business value
- Demonstrated operational excellence and experience with client data governance practices.
- Strong analytical, data management and project management skills.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.