VP, Product ManagementApply Job ID: R-016417 Date posted: 08/23/2021 Primary Location SC-Remote Other Locations CA-Remote
VP, Product Manager
Would you like to work on a disruptive product at the intersection of the fast-growing finance and technology space? Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL’s Business Solutions is seeking a VP product manager who will join our rapidly growing Admin Solutions team. LPL’s Admin Solutions creates products and services to support our 18,000 small business financial advisors. We allow them to outsource all administrative tasks and technology-related aspects of running their small business to grow faster, more securely and operate more efficiently. Your scope includes creating, enhancing and supporting all Admin-focused tools and solutions.
What you will do
- Determines admin, admin managers and delivery leadership needs and requirements through internal customer interviews, market research, competitive research and insights from our delivery teams to support the products and solution needs of our delivery team.
- Continue to ensure the success of existing tools and solutions
- Take an innovative and agile approach to building new products partnering with vendors and LPL technology including defining wireframes, UX/UI, functional specifications and user stories
- Define and continually refine key attributes of existing and new offerings including the product pricing, business case, economics, operational model
- Manage a cross-functional product development team
- Sourcing latest technologies and maintain professional and technical knowledge; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies
- Provide input on and adhere to mid and long term product roadmaps, key features/capabilities, and manage the development cycles with clear schedules, deliverables and milestones
- Lead process improvements linked to the increase in efficacy & efficiency of our products and solutions.
- Determine metrics, KPIs that will allow the measurement of success for our products and solutions, as well as the ability to be data-focused, analyze results and iterate based on prior tests and behavior.
- Champion the vision of where the product is going next with key stakeholders to identify potential roadblocks and plan for scaling such roadblocks within the delivery of services, products and features
What does your success look like in the first 90 days
- Assess our existing product portfolio
- Build relationships with your team and the broader organization
- Ensure continued satisfaction of existing internal customers
- Define important metrics and cadence
- Set a vision for your product and lay the foundation to execute against
- 3+ years working with technical product teams to develop product strategies
- 5+ years of professional technology or business experience within product management roles
Nice to Have:
- MBA preferred
- Experience working with small businesses technology or in Financial Service a plus
- Experience working in a call-center or outsourced administrative service
- Experience working in an agile/SAFE environment
- Previous experience working with internal/B2B team tools, call-center tools
- Previous experience in process management, process improvement, quality improvement, or continuous improvement
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.