AVP, Business DesignerApply Job ID: R-015964 Date posted: 07/16/2021 Primary Location SD-Remote Other Locations CA-Remote
JOB DESCRIPTION & QUALIFICATIONS
Do you have experience building new products and services? Are you excited about the opportunity to lead strategic initiatives thinking not only about product features but also the vision, strategy and operations? Are you passionate about fintech innovation and extending financial guidance to more people?
If so, the Business Designer role at our New Ventures Labs could be for you!
The Business Designer will be part of our entrepreneurial and fast-paced Innovation Labs that is creating the new generation of LPL services to help advisors to better serve their clients. Our Business Designers combine strategic thinking and human-centered design thinking processes to think differently about existing business models, or to craft and build new ventures. You will collaborate with a broad team of strategists, designers and stakeholders to help define strategy and growth opportunities for projects through researching, setting the strategy, designing, prototyping and bringing to life new products and services.
As a Business Designer you will…
- Explore the business model possibilities behind new concepts using research and financial modeling to shape and influence design.
- Gain a deep understanding of external market context for future businesses or services.
- Define product and service vision, strategy and roadmap. Gather, manage and prioritize market/customer needs and turn them into features
- Design business models that enhance and extend consumer experiences, and create new opportunities for revenue across time horizons.
- Translate business strategy and business models into actionable insights for the project team.
- Guide teams through the business viability process to help assess investments in new products, services, or ventures and connect it with Desirability/Feasibility analyses.
- Be an ambassador for LPL, building relationships with external business partners in order to test product and service pilots.
- Create and deliver inspiring presentations to senior executives and external audiences.
We are looking for a high energy, versatile thinker-doer with a strong understanding of new product development process and financial services. The Business Designer will have a unique opportunity to shape, build and own new services within the New Ventures Labs, working on growth strategy initiatives. We are looking for people with strong organizational, critical thinking and analytical skills who see the power in creating services that will help extend financial guidance to more people.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Strategy, Engineering, or the Liberal Arts
- 4+ years of experience in strategy consulting in areas that include: corporate strategy, innovation and new ventures, product strategy & development
Our preferred requirements:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), Ventures, Corporate Strategy, or equivalent.
- Experience as an entrepreneur or product owner.
- Experience of using human-centered design, design thinking principles or methods in a formal, in-person setting.
- Demonstrable rigor in designing and implementing or re-defining business models, products and services while driving strategic growth.
- Experience of taking offerings to market and scaling.
- Experience of complex business model development, scenario planning, and forecasting.
- Knowledge of or background in financial services.
- Experience of designing and/or facilitating group collaboration workshops.
- Superior analytical skills with an ability to identify relevant data, evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and present findings in a clear and actionable manner
- A passion for fintech, financial services and/or extending financial guidance to as many people as possible
In a post-covid world, you are welcome to join us in our San Diego offices or work remotely anywhere in the US, your choice!
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.