VP Service Design for LPL Venture LabsApply Job ID: R-015964 Date posted: 09/23/2021 Primary Location SD-Remote Other Locations CA-Remote
VP, Service Design for LPL Venture Labs
Remote workers welcome!
Looking to lead and manage teams hyper-focused on designing industry leading product experiences? Interested in collaborating with senior management, product stakeholders, advisors and end clients to make amazing things? If so, let’s talk.
The New Ventures Labs team (LPL’s start-up incubator) is looking for an exceptionally talented Service Designer Product Experience / User Experience / Experience Design (PX / UX / XD), to lead the design and visioning efforts of the new services we’re incubating. You will manage multiple projects and teams and will become the Voice of the Customer throughout the research and visioning of these services, identifying business and customer value early within the product process to create the best and design-led service experiences.
In a post-covid world, you are welcome to join us in our San Diego offices or work remotely anywhere in the US, your choice!
What will you do as VP, Service Design Lead?
You’re a natural leader skilled at managing multiple teams, projects, and people, who advocates for users, embraces human-centered design principles, and loves delivering leading experiences through direct customer feedback. You understand industry trends, believe in identifying business and customer value early within the product process, have the ability to navigate complex organizations, and are experienced at driving to alignment on strategic plans that deliver quality customer experiences
Lead user research
- Guide teams through exploratory design research and the desirability process to help identify unmet needs and possible new products, services, or ventures.
- Explore market, advisor and investor trends, identify unmet needs and opportunities, and drive prioritized initiatives using human-centered business design
- Design the existing user journey map so we can identify pain points and issues that need to be addressed in a given service.
Plan & Execute co-creation workshops
- Lead design thinking workshops to solve some of the industry’s most complex problems and help set the service/product direction.
Define the short/long term vision, experience and blueprint of new services
- Partner with our Strategy/Tech teams within the New Venture Labs to design desirable, viable, and feasible business models that enhance and extend customer experiences and create new opportunities for revenue across time horizons.
- You will create future-state journey maps, service blueprints, storyboards, concept decks, wireframes, and low & high-fidelity prototypes to explore and validate solutions while demonstrating the value of design and product experience.
- Create a roadmap for the vision with clear phases on how to prioritize and roll-out different aspects of the service based on DVF criteria up to a 5 year time frame.
- Support and enable teams to create artifacts that clearly articulate the value of design and service experience, and regularly communicate product direction with senior management and product owners.
Manage a team of designers
- Manage teams, projects, and junior designers, while staying laser-focused on driving quality product experiences for our customers.
- Articulate the New Venture Labs’ design team needs as we grow and create a plan to prioritize new team members recruiting.
- You have 5+ years of experience utilizing customer-centered methodologies while leading the design of elegant product experiences that customers love, ideally in a design consultancy or equivalent position
- You come from a product experience (PX), user experience (UX), or experience design (XD) background. You have a strong desire to lead and support team members, partners, and product experience professionals. You always advocate for the value of good design.
- Proven designs and experience of launched services that have been implemented in the real world
- Deep expertise in design thinking/human-centered design
- Experience crafting a project vision, execution strategy and client relationship
- Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.