Financial AdvisorApply Job ID: R-009279 Date posted: 03/20/2020 Primary Location FL-Tampa
The role of the Financial Advisor is to establish value-added relationships with customers, to understand their financial needs and to offer solutions for those needs.
Financial Advisors should to be able to meet generally are growing and protecting assets and include the following:
- Funding for a secure retirement
- Funding for child’s or grand child’s educations
- Growth above inflation and taxes
- Protection of assets from unexpected / large scale healthcare expense
- Protection of assets from estate taxes
The business model the consultant should use should include the following critical components:
- Prospecting within the financial institution by establishing relationships with customer contact associates to find appropriate customers and introduce them.
- Engaging in activities that enable access to those customers who may not frequently use the branch system.
- Prospect outside the financial institution in order to bring in new customer relationships.
- Sell effectively by establishing relationships with customers, finding their needs and then offering appropriate solutions in a compelling way so the customer sees the value, understands the features and benefits and purchases the solution.
In order to succeed, the candidate for this role must have the following:
- Proven and documented record of success in investment sales
- Character – Must display traits such as honesty, work ethic and team-orientation.
- Chemistry – Must fit in with the social and cultural values of the institution.
- Competence – Must have the relevant product knowledge and required skills to execute the business model outlined above.
- FINRA Series 7
- FINRA Series 66 (preferably) or Series 63
- Life and Health Insurance designation
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.