AVP, Regional Sales DirectorApply Job ID: R-010176 Date posted: 06/29/2020 Primary Location TX-Remote
Are you an exceptionally strong sales performer with a deep pool of existing relationships you can leverage and prospect from? Do you consider yourself to have a hunter mentality? Do you reside in the South Texas area, most importantly in Houston, Austin, or San Antonio?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
What will you do?
The Assistant Vice President, Regional Director of Business Development is responsible for recruiting high quality financial advisors to the LPL Financial Platform from all channels of distribution (independent, regional, wirehouse). Since you will be leading a team of an internal recruiter as well as a business development associate, you must exhibit the highest levels of professional comportment, technical expertise, ethical standards, and be a strong follower as well as a leader in the field. In this role, you will be expected to ravel up to 80% of the time while also performing duties required of an employee.
- Create and manage a recruiting pipeline to transition candidates (Financial Advisors) to LPL
- Evaluate advisor practices to ensure transferability of assets and adherence to corporate compliance and affiliation standards.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to compile and present competitive offerings in partnership with the firm’s Advisor Capital team.
- Build and maintain strong internal and external relationships critical to success in the role.
- Maintain up-to-date status of your recruiting pipeline within Salesforce
Please note: Additional responsibilities or duties may be assigned to you as needed or determined.
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
- Develop and implement a strategy for engaging with existing recruits and for feeding / building the pipeline
- Aggressively meet monthly KPI’s required for the role – calls / meetings
- Show a pathway for sales success in the territory based upon the foundation that was built in the first 90 days
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are enthusiastic, polished and professional, with the ability to execute a disciplined sales process that results in sales success.
What skills, experiences and/or education is required?
- 5+ years in a field-based broker/dealer business development, asset management wholesaling, or an institutional custody sales role.
- Verifiable track record of success in sales
- Strong familiarity with using a CRM, preferably Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree required. Series 7, 63/65, or 66 preferred
- Must currently reside in Texas- ideally Houston, San Antonio, or Austin
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.