Branch ExaminerApply Job ID: R-015051 Date posted: 07/11/2021 Primary Location TX-Remote
Who are you?
Do you have a background in financial services and want to focus on a compliance related function in your next role?
Are you someone that has experience as a financial advisor or a passion supporting financial advisors?
Do you think you would enjoy travelling frequently in your next role and working remotely?
Are you excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role you are looking for!
Our branch examiners are focused on the sales practices of each individual advisor and the books and records requirements of each office to ensure adherence to compliance with all applicable regulations. The examiner will consult with branch managers, advisors and support staff and provide direction on maintaining branch offices in accordance with federal and state regulations, FINRA and other SRO regulations and LPL Financial policies and procedures. This is a remote, home-based position which requires 50% travel and overnight stays will be required.
What will you do?
- Responsible for independently performing all functions of branch exams, including thorough on-site evaluation of branch activities to assess/monitor compliance with company policies and procedures as well as applicable federal and state laws and regulations
- Conduct in-person consultations with branch manager, advisors and support staff.
- Prepare audit letter based on deficiencies identified during branch exam and provide instructions, both verbally and in writing, to correct deficiencies and operate an office that is in compliance with all regulations.
- Accountable for planning and preparation of pre-audit material, scheduling of exams, travel arrangements and managing associated expenses.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world class, client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What is required of you to be considered for this role?
- Ability to travel frequently (50%) and on short notice. Travel/audits require the carrying of luggage and audit paperwork (approx. lifting at least 40 pounds)
- Professional demeanor to represent LPL in a client -facing role and across all levels within and outside the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.