Technology Associate - DevOps EngineerApply Job ID: R-008856 Date posted: 02/07/2020 Primary Location TX-Remote
Technology Associate - DevOps Engineer
Position Location – Onsite Austin Texas
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA.
We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission.
Are you interested in working on meaningful projects that deliver value? Do you enjoy working with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you! LPL provides an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage and investment advisor service to independent financial advisors and financial institutions.
Applications are being considered for a Technology Associate – DevOps Engineer role. Applicants need to be enrolled full-time as a student and be within 12 months from graduation, or graduated within the last 12 months, with a major in an applicable field.
In this role you will help to develop “Infrastructure as Code” scripts to automate our application build piplelines for both on-premises and cloud based deployments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Team player that thrives on being part of a fast-paced team with a willingness to work after hours or weekends as needed (10-20% of total hours)
- Aptitude for documenting your own code and supporting code reviews for others
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and demonstrated time management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to find, troubleshoot, and resolve issues using internal teams, technology partners, and others
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, in a professional manner
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field with 3.0+ GPA
- Some experience outside of the classroom such as an internship, hackathon, research project or related experience
- Classroom experience directly related to your preferred role (i.e. Software engineer, network engineer, etc.)
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong intellectual curiosity and passion about learning new technologies
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with teams
Additional Preferred, but not required:
- Ability to design, build, and operate a technology stack
- Experience with Red Hat/CentOS Linux and/or Windows
- Experience with scripting in Python, PowerShell, or other similar scripting language
- Experience with (preferred) or aptitude for learning Terraform, Packer, Ansible and other tools
- Prior experience with common DevOps tools including Git, Azure DevOps, JIRA
- Demonstrated experience with deploying AWS Services including EC2, S3, IAM, Route 53, SNS, Lambda, VPCs, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, et al
- Experience working with continuous integration practices and execution platforms such as Jenkins, Octopus, or CodeBuild.
- Experience with configuration management
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes or similar container technologies is a plus.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.