Technology Associate - Incident ManagerApply Job ID: R-008853 Date posted: 02/07/2020 Primary Location TX-Remote
Technology Associate - Incident Manager
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA.
We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission.
Are you interested in working on meaningful projects that deliver value? Do you enjoy working with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you! LPL provides an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage and investment advisor service to independent financial advisors and financial institutions.
Applications are being considered for a Technology Associate – Incident Manager role. Applicants need to be enrolled full-time as a student and be within 12 months from graduation, or graduated within the last 12 months, with a major in an applicable field.
Individuals performing this role are responsible for managing incident events and technical support teams focused on restoring services to LPL’s Production Services. Responsible for Major IT systems incident management from initiation until an acceptable work-around is in place or resolved. Coordinate appropriate resources to resolve critical incidents in accordance with service level agreements and operational level agreements.
Own all communication during a major system outage; ensure that specific communications are sent out to clients, Senior Executive Management, Account Management and internal groups in a concise and timely manner to certify that IT management and the businesses are kept updated until the incident is resolved. Coordinate, manage and keep chronology of events during incident management conference calls.
Update the incident reporting systems with resolution information, liaise with problem management on detection of potential trends; driving down repeatable service impacting failures. The primary focus of the incident function is to coordinate and facilitate the rapid recovery of services impacting incidents that arise.
- Establish and enforce incident response service level agreements in consultation with end users in the business to establish incident resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Analyze performance of incident management activities and documented resolutions, identify problems, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Regularly iterate on the incident management process using data gathered about the frequency and severity of incidents.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify and/or procure service management software for internal staff and external clients.
- Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies, oversee their installation and adoption, and manage vendor relationships, always looking for opportunities to improve the quality of service.
- Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the transfer to the problem management process where necessary.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledgebase, and FAQ resources on the internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Track and analyze trends in incident reports and generate statistical reports.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of incident management training procedures and policies.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field with 3.0+ GPA
- Some experience outside of the classroom such as an internship, hackathon, research project or related experience
- Classroom experience directly related to your preferred role (i.e. Software engineer, network engineer, etc.)
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong intellectual curiosity and passion about learning new technologies
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with teams
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.