Technology Intern - Cloud Engineering IApply Job ID: R-008854 Date posted: 02/07/2020 Primary Location TX-Remote
Technology Intern - Cloud Engineering I
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA.
We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission.
Are you interested in working on meaningful projects that deliver value? Do you enjoy working with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you! LPL provides an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage and investment advisor service to independent financial advisors and financial institutions.
LPL Financial has technology internship positions in our San Diego offices. These internships start in May/June 2020 and are 10-12 weeks in duration.
Location: Austin Texas, Onsite Location
What You'll Do
Our competitive 10- week paid graduate internship is an unparalleled opportunity to develop as a leader while sharpening your skills. The aim of our internship program is to provide students a valuable workplace experience to enhance their educational and professional goals. The projects that you drive during the summer will be tailored to your interests and will strategically affect change at our company. You will also have the chance to develop a deeper understanding of our culture and core values though career workshops, senior executive interactions, and community involvement opportunities.
We're looking for goal-oriented people who thrive in a fast-paced team environment and are eager to apply their problem solving skills to real business challenges. We empower employees to transform their skills, interests and connections into meaningful, collaborative solutions that work for the good of all of our stakeholders – our colleagues, customers and communities.
As a key member of the LPL Financial Business Technology Services (“BTS”) Infrastructure team, our Cloud Engineering Interns have a unique opportunity to support the design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of LPL’s public cloud environments. Our Cloud Engineering Interns work closely with other LPL technology teams to deliver technology services to millions of investors and more than 16,000 advisors across the US.
- Work with the DevOps Tiger teams to build technology solutions with the LPL Infrastructure as Code framework using Terraform, Ansible, and other technologies to deploy compute, storage, network, etc.
- Partner with our platform engineering teams to implement patterns for high-availability and disaster recovery solutions that improve resiliency, availability and enable continuous operations.
- Partner with database support teams to implement RDS platforms including SQL server, Oracle, and cloud native DB products including deployment templates, replication patterns, failover/failback, and data archive policies.
- Partner with information security and risk to implement LPL’s cloud security framework, associated controls, automated security and continuous compliance policies.
- Support the implementation of LPL’s high-availability network solution for IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS.
- Provide expertise in Windows or Linux OS.
- Provide L2/L3 support to LPL’s operations team
- Support prototyping and rapid evaluation of cloud technologies and solutions
- Promote security awareness and ensure new and existing deployments take advantage of LPL’s cloud security framework.
- Recommend solutions for reducing risk, increasing resiliency, and improving performance.
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in computer science or a related technical field.
- Classroom experience directly related to your preferred role (i.e. software engineer, security, etc.)
- 3.0+ GPA
- Effective implementation skills
- Experience with cross-group collaboration
- High levels of creativity and quick problem-solving capabilities
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.