VP Retirement Field Sales ManagerApply Job ID: R-004256 Date posted: 09/05/2018 Primary Location TX-Remote Other Locations AK-Remote , AL-Remote , AR-Remote ,AZ-Remote
The VP of Retirement Development & Consulting is responsible for creating strategy and driving execution against goals for the Retirement Consulting Group (RCG), Retirement Field Sales Group, the Retirement Provider Relations and Small Market Solution (SMS) Marketing teams. The VP, Retirement Development & Consulting will provide leadership, direction, guidance, coaching, and sales management to these teams via the AVP'S they manage, focused on creating and driving adoption for the Retirement Partners division's programs and initiatives (including, SMS, Tool Suite, etc.) amongst the retirement plan focused advisors affiliated with LPL Financial. The overall objective of the this role is to partner and consult with retirement focused advisors to help them leverage the LPL Retirement Partners solutions to grow and make their business more efficient, while enabling the "occasionalist" advisors to de-risk and leverage SMS. The VP will also work closely with our Alliance partner program sponsors leveraging their resources with LPL advisors. Through the Retirement Consulting Group, the role will be responsible for all Retirement conferences and events. This individual will also be required to take a role in development of Retirement Partners's programs including management and coordination with impacted internal partners.
1. Sales Support and Consulting: Manage sales efforts within the RCG, drive sales efforts through external sales teams and partner with the VP of Internal Sales.
2. Business Consulting: Enable support via the sales teams for Advisors' efforts to streamline their business efficiency; act as intermediary with LPL RP Strategic Development to respond to Advisors requests for new products, selling agreements, etc.; provide technical guidance or source referrals to Advisors; manage field advisor escalations and assist advisors with issue resolution.
3. Strategy: Working with Sr. Management on monetization of opportunity. This includes creating solutions for advisors to centralize business practices. Full-cycle product creation & implementation: strategy, execution and implementation of sales for these new releases. Remain current with operational policies and procedures and retirement industry trends. Keeping up to speed on industry regulation, analyzing risk factors of such changes and ultimately create options and training sales teams on how to help advisors adopt best industry best practices. Strategize with RP Provider Relations team on RK, DCIO contracts, and necessary RP program/tool build outs. Collaboration with Retirement Marketing team to generate topics, provide content and help deliver training to Advisors.
4. Promote use of initiatives in advisor discussions around marketing tools and product and platform; process and track advisor applications as well as develop and maintain reporting on various program growth. Attend RP Provider Relations strategy meetings, sales calls and onsite visits.
Other Job Duties:
1. Provide regular feedback to the Retirement Partners Management team to improve both the advisor experience and operational efficiencies
2. Conduct home office visits (HOVs) of tools and services for both existing and prospective advisors
3. Participate on consulting group program teams and broader retirement partners strike teams
4. Proactively engage with various back office departments to help integrate new Advisors and map/transition their books of business to LPL Financial as well as continuously provide value to existing advisors.
5. Attend Retirement Partners conferences and host event as well as speak
Bachelor's degree, focus in Business, Marketing, or Communications preferred
Advanced degree a plus
AIF, PPC, CRPS or other retirement industry designations preferred
Series 7, 65 preferred
Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience within the Institutional Retirement Plan industry
LPL Retirement Partners is a fast-growing and dynamic division, multi-task and adjusting quickly within an ever-changing environment is a critical skill
Must interact effectively with all functions and all members of the Retirement Partners team (Business Development, Strategy, Platform Management, Operations etc.), as well as with other internal partners within Marketing, Transitions, GRC and Legal
Superior verbal and written communication skills are required
Positive, customer-focused attitude and demeanor with a desire to provide outstanding service
Needs to work well in groups, and must possess advanced level problem solving skills
Comfortable with travel, between 25%-50%, Skilled with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word), and prior experience with Salesforce
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.