AVP Associate CounselApply Job ID: R-017887 Date posted: 10/27/2021 Primary Location USA-Remote Other Locations MA-Boston
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 19,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to objective guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
LPL is looking for an Assistant Vice President Privacy Counsel to join its Privacy Office, which is part of LPL’s Compliance, Legal and Risk organization. The attorney in this role must be an organized, efficient, and pragmatic problem solver with a background in privacy, cybersecurity and technology. The individual will work closely with a cross-functional team including technology, operations, information security and business owners to develop and implement strategies and initiatives with respect to technology partnerships and data flows. Must be adept at navigating complex and nuanced privacy and data protection issues in a strategic manner.
- Support and provide sound legal advice and guidance to internal clients on a range of matters and projects impacting privacy and data security, including fintech relationships. Provide direction to mitigate risk, ensure regulatory compliance, and improve processes.
- Assist a cross-functional internal team with review of data use cases. Provide advice on legal requirements, considerations and risks with respect to privacy and cybersecurity.
- Support other attorneys negotiating, and directly negotiate as necessary, privacy and cybersecurity-related terms in commercial agreements with third parties. As necessary, collaborate with stakeholders and internal subject matter experts to develop, maintain and implement provisions and agreements focused on privacy and cybersecurity requirements.
- Develop positive cross-departmental working relationships to maintain an open environment for collaboration, risk identification and escalation.
- Maintain knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations relating to privacy and cybersecurity.
- JD from a nationally accredited law school; admitted to practice law, and in good standing, in at least one jurisdiction in the U.S.
- The attorney must have a working of knowledge of state/federal privacy laws including GLBA and CCPA. Prior privacy compliance experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts is preferred.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people, at all levels in the organization, in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.