AVP, Product OwnerApply Job ID: R-013045 Date posted: 03/19/2021 Primary Location USA-Remote Other Locations TX-Austin , SC-Fort Mill , CA-San Diego
Working independently, the AVP, Product Owner oversees the product teams that deliver technology solutions to LPL Home Office Employees to better support our advisors and their investors. The individual will be well versed in lean agile product management and have experience with the skills listed below. The principle responsibilities for this position will be focused on setting up the business and technology teams for success. This will include working cross functionally to ensure the product roadmaps, requirements, user stories, journey maps, creative designs, business architecture and solution architecture are well defined and understood by the teams for high velocity execution.
The AVP, Product Owner will oversee the lean agile development teams. Activities will include daily oversight of development backlogs, product demos, design sessions, sprint planning, program increments, solution architecture and software engineering to deliver value through frequent product releases.
The candidate for this role will be required to leverage their knowledge and skill set to work with our advisors and internal teams to deliver the technology and workflows that enable LPL to continuously improve our advisors’ experience by ultimately providing them with capabilities that allow l them to manage their business more efficiently and productively. Collaboration with internal business partners will be critical to ensure that these capabilities are delivered in a manner that captures our customer’s insights into how they manage their business, maximizes our business objectives, and meets all regulatory requirements.
- Passion for driving the Employee experience and ability to persuade others to share this vision, collaborate and execute.
- Drive insights and practical recommendations from feedback from internal stakeholders and key partners across the enterprise
- Part of team responsible for improvement recommendations/execution and enable the development of new growth opportunities by defining business cases and OKR
- Partner with all stakeholders to evaluate build versus buy decisions to support the product application suite / architecture
- Partner with product management (on the product team), delivery teams and technology partners and key business partners to establish and nurture the product development lifecycle
- Partner with digital designer (on the product team) to ensure a consumer centric design approach is executed at the center of the product engagement, driving decisions for product outcomes, and drives the creative and user experience
- Partner with all stakeholders to define high level requirements
- Responsible for managing a lean agile team to execute against a product backlog that builds high quality software solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring that the management and prioritizing the agile backlog is executed effectively on all product teams.
- Responsible for ensuring that all product teams are always working on the highest value items in the backlog.
- Accountable for release planning to coordinate cross functionally when dependencies exist between product releases
- Ensures teams are developing high quality user stories, business architectures and solution architectures that are well defined to set the team up for success in execution.
- Leads the teams in managing all defects for the products, and partner with first line support resources to create knowledge articles, do problem management and reduce technical debt.
- 4-5+ years of experience in product owner related roles
- 3+ years of developing, cultivating and leading strong, high-performing teams in an agile environment
- The ability to work in a cross-functional team and drive outcomes without having direct authority
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, and serve as one of the recognized subject matter experts on the team
- Demonstrate business acumen and the ability to interact with senior leaders, including developing, presenting and gaining approval on any business cases and funding requests needed to further drive the execution of the roadmap
- Actively anticipates, identifies and manages risks within product team
- Exposure to CRM’s (Salesforce.com Sales and Service Cloud), and Marketing Automation Platforms preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA or other equivalent work experience
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.