AVP, University Relations & Diversity (Technology)Apply Job ID: R-007891 Date posted: 10/07/2019 Primary Location -
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA.
We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission.
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Candidate will be responsible for collaborating with technology leaders and the Human Capital team to implement and administer a university recruiting program for the LPL technology team, and for driving Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) outcomes. The role includes managing the university recruiting process from beginning to end, for both interns and technology associates, in partnership with technology leaders and Talent Acquisition team. The role will drive D&I outcomes for Technology, by connecting the dots with the LPL Diversity and Inclusion team and industry D&I groups.
- Design, implement, measure and enhance overall University Recruiting and onboarding strategy
- Consult with managers to identify specific staffing needs and job requirements
- Work with managers to create/update job descriptions, as needed, based on staffing and job requirement needs
- Identify and promote opportunities to attract diverse candidates to LPL for all positions
- Identify the right stakeholders to build partnership with selected universities (e.g., University Career Centers, Technology Professors, Student and Alumni Associations, etc.)
- Define events to participate at selected universities in alignment with overall College Recruiting strategy (e.g. LPL Tech Speakers at university events, Hackathons, attendance at career fairs, etc.)
- Develop a program for connecting LPL to applicable D&I industry events (such as eWIT, SHPE, NSBE, etc.) and facilitating LPL participation for purpose of increased awareness and attraction of diverse candidates
- Coordinate all logistics required for successful participation in university and D&I events (e.g., secure LPL Tech Volunteer speakers at events, confirm managers to be part of interview processes, coordinate all logistics for each event, etc. -logistics will include a variety of tasks: for example: meeting rooms reservations, ordering meals for events, making travel arrangements-.)
- Attend career fairs and industry D&I events to represent LPL Technology
- Manage all logistics required to successfully implement programs for University hires (e.g., Onboarding program, Job Rotation, Mentor program, etc.)
- Measure and report on metrics for both the university hiring and D&I programs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Some experience working with Technology and understanding of Technology functions and roles is a plus
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills
- Very strong execution skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Collaborative team player
- Experience developing a college recruiting/early in career development program or being a participant in such program is a plus
- Able to travel, especially during college recruiting season
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.