Communications and Content SpecialistApply Job ID: R-016047 Date posted: 07/21/2021 Primary Location USA-Remote
Do you believe attention scarcity is a real thing? That connecting with and educating people in today’s world means meeting them where they are and delivering content in a variety of ways? Are you organized, creative, and passionate about creating unique and effective content?
If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL’s Advisor Institute helps people who aspire to become financial advisors achieve that goal. We offer training programs designed to jumpstart the career of new to the industry candidates so they can make an immediate impact upon joining a sponsoring advisor’s team. Our training professionals help them learn the fundamentals of the business, navigate the logistics of licensing, and provide mentorship along the way to ensure their success. We also offer opportunities to more established advisors committed to life-long learning and upskilling to stay at the top of their game.
- End-to-end development and management of Advisor Institute content including things such as:
- Codifying a compelling story and supporting assets to market the relevance and value of the Advisor Institute; Purpose-centric, WIIFM messaging and positioning
- Conceptualizing and implementing targeted approaches to lead gen; driving awareness and increasing engagement throughout our natural market; amplifying our message with key audiences
- Partnering with trainers to assess the effectiveness of current training content with an eye to identifying gaps and determining—then prioritizing and addressing—areas for improvement or reimagination
- Collaborating with trainers and marketing partners to design, build and activate new content that is consumable, (visually) engaging, relevant and addresses both the learner’s needs and business objectives; present complex concepts simply and clearly
- Providing constructive feedback and recommendations to training partners such as guest speakers/subject matter experts and vendors on their content
- Developing and executing a measurement strategy to gain insight that can be used to enhance assets
- Governing the content and ensuring the library remains up to date and adheres to brand standards as well as compliance requirements
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
In the first 90 days a successful candidate will learn about LPL, our business, structure and team; get up to speed on the program line up; immerse themselves in the current training materials; take over content oversight; and begin to formulate an approach for evaluating the current state.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver top-notch, unique content. We are looking for organized candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are results-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a thoughtful way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- To develop and deliver quality content, the candidate will need to be organized and highly collaborative—with the ability to engage with multiple stakeholders (internal and external).
- The ideal candidate will have experience in content and communications planning and development.
- This professional must have the ability to create ways to present complex information simply and clearly—breaking down difficult concepts into smaller, more bite-sized teachings; building on concepts
- A successful candidate will have the ability to recognize and address opportunities to improve how content is delivered and increase the value and overall experience of the participant
- Experience in Education, Marketing, Content, Communications, or related field a must
- Previous experience in financial services or similar industry a plus
- Previous experience at a creative agency a plus
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, as well as platforms such as SalesForce and online LMS or LXP platforms
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.