Platform Lead, Venture LabsApply Job ID: R-013452 Date posted: 07/22/2021 Primary Location USA-Remote
Platform Lead, Venture Labs
Are you a head engineer who is also a serial entrepreneur? Do you have what it takes to go beyond developing and be a product innovator that solves customer pain points?
If so, the AVP Platform Lead role for Paraplanner Solutions might be for you!!
The Platform Lead for Paraplanning Solutions will be part of one of the start-ups in residence of LPL’s fast-paced Venture Labs where we are creating the next generation of advisor services and reinventing how we help provide the best financial advice. This individual will be a full stack engineer who thrives designing, experimenting, and taking a products to market. You will be responsible for championing development of our newest service and guide the team on establishing a repeatable development structure, ultimately acting as he CTO of our fairly independent corporate start-up.
What will you do as Platform Lead?
- Co-champion product vision and define solutions to increase speed to market
- Assess technical feasibility and build Proof of Concept
- Build a technical strategy for the product
- Communicate with technical and non-technical groups on a regular basis as part of product/project support
- Partner with all stakeholders to evaluate build versus buy decisions to support the product application suite / architecture
- Partner with digital designers to ensure a consumer centric design is executed as the center of the product engagement driving decisions for product outcomes, creative and user experience
- Partner with LPL Technology’s Digital Innovation team to evaluate the architecture needs, build and to deploy within the firm’s systems
- Stay informed of current and future technological trends and developments
- Identify what technologies can be used to improve the company’s products and services
What are we looking for?
- Leadership experience working in a startup or a lab environment
- 2+ Years of demonstrated development team leadership
- Advanced understanding of cloud technology, with specific emphasis on AWS’ serverless and cognitive services.
- Excellent knowledge of OOP concepts, data modeling design patterns/frameworks
- Ability to build a technical vision for the product in MVP and grow it at scale.
- 5+ years of developing, cultivating and leading strong, high-performing product teams with a technical focus
- Knowledge in designing, refactoring, and unit testing
- The ability to work in a cross-functional team and drive outcomes without having direct authority
- Experience with Agile development process and fail-fast mentality
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using written and spoken English including the ability to provide clear, constructive feedback to team members
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
At LPL, we believe that financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, at LPL we offer an integrated platform of technology, brokerage, and investment services: we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients, and Technology is at the center of our mission.
Even more, you will grow with the fast paced Paraplanning Solutions team in our Venture Labs, LPL’s incubator arm that invests and helps accelerate the development of new services that will transform the future of financial advice.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is bold, supportive and out-of-the-box thinkers, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.