Senior Supervisory Principal, Complex Product SupervisionApply Job ID: R-023888 Date posted: 06/09/2022 Primary Location USA-Remote Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Senior Supervisory Principal is responsible for serving as life insurance/annuity subject matter expert for LPL Financial Professionals across the country. This position will be responsible for supervising the appropriateness for transactions in life insurance/annuity products, ensuring advisors are meeting the standards and requirements of supervision set forth by regulatory agencies and the Firm.
- Review and approval of transactions for suitability and documentation of fixed and variable life insurance as well as variable, fixed indexed, and fixed annuities.
- Research and review annuity liquidation transaction, free looks, and other transactional activity.
- Serve on various committees and projects as determined by management.
- Assist other functions within Supervision as necessary to meet demand.
- Act as key contact and subject matter expert for Financial Advisors, OSJ Supervisors, & Home Office Supervisors, and assist in any program/client issues in regards to life insurance, as well as variable, fixed indexed annuities or other complex products.
- Assist with regulatory exams and requests as well as assist with the maintenance of the department’s written supervisory procedures.
- Assist with ad hoc project requests from management
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- 7+ years industry experience
- Licenses/Certifications Required/Preferred: Series 7, 66 (or 63 and 65), 9 and 10 (or Series 24 & 53) required.
- Experience with all Microsoft applications, particularly, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Visio. Familiarity with BETA a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced/high volume environment and be flexible with work schedule
- Ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving and follow-up skills are essential for this position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make regulatory and supervisory-based decisions will be necessary to complete the day-to-day functions of the role
- Proactive collaboration and service-based responses with business partners on escalated issues and concerns is essential
- Ability to develop compliance systems and strategies for effective supervision
- Knowledge of life insurance, mutual funds, annuities, general securities, and other financial products required
- Knowledge of FINRA, SEC, and State rules and regulations
The Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) team is focused on delivering an industry-leading client service and risk management experience by providing advisors and our internal business partners with proactive guidance, advice, advocacy and consultative partnerships.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.