VP, Business Development
Do you have a strategic, consultative sales approach?
Do you enjoy nurturing relationships and building strong partnerships?
Do you have the demonstrated ability to manage a pipeline through the sales cycle?
If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
LPL Financial is currently looking for a Vice President, Business Development within our Enterprise Sales team. This role is responsible for attracting new large wealth management firms operating within product manufacturer organizations including asset managers, insurance companies and retirement organizations. The Enterprise Sales team, part of LPL’s broader Business Development group, is made up of institutional sales professionals focused on adding new financial organizations to the firm including product manufacturers, boutique broker dealers, and financial institutions.
The Business Development team at LPL is focused on taking care of the advisors and enterprises they work with so they can take care of their clients. We provide an ecosystem of unified wealth management technology, research, clearing, custody and compliance services, practice management, business solutions and wealth management services to help financial enterprises and their advisors deliver an unparalled client experience to their customers.
- Develop and lead enterprise prospect sale opportunities with wealth management divisions of product manufacturers including insurers, asset managers and retirement / record-keeping organizations.
- Employ a strategic, consultative sales approach including understanding prospects business objectives and challenges, developing relationships with multiple buying influences, identifying areas of alignment to propose and win commitments to outsource wealth management capabilities to LPL.
- Manage prospect pipeline through all stages of the sales cycle from sourcing and feeding through closing and transition including routine status updates, development of enterprise sales profiles and related reporting and communication.
- Proactively network and develop relationships with executive leadership, consultants and centers of influence through engagement across industry associations, events and thought leadership delivery.
- Represent LPL at industry and firm events as a thought leader and to develop prospect and center of influence relationships.
- Partner with sales strategy teams to refine addressable universe, maintain updated knowledge of competitive landscape and enhance go-to-market approach, messaging and sales collateral unique to product manufacturer segment.
- Build relationships and strong partnerships across the LPL organization including as Marketing, Product, Technology, Business Solutions, Transition Partners, Finance, and Compliance to articulate LPL’s holistic range of wealth management capabilities to enterprise prospects as opportunities develop.
- Meet with key clients and prospects – 60% travel required
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 10+ years of successful sales experience within the financial services industry preferably selling into large Financial Services companies including asset managers, insurance companies, banks, retirement plan providers, broker-dealers and registered investment advisors.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced industry certification (e.g. CFP, CFA, CIMA) and/or MBA or equivalent graduate degree preferred
- Experience working for or with a broker/dealer, custodian, or large financial institution
- Strategic and consultative selling approach with experience engaging with wealth management and corporate leadership teams.
- Successful track record of managing and closing complex sales
- Knowledge of the institutional sales process: Training and experience with Miller Heiman process a plus
- Strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class enterprise-client experience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, team oriented culture with ability to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Strong understanding of industry trends, current competition, its people and products
- Solid network and strong connections across the industry
- Ability to influence decisions and direction across the organization
- Excellent communication, presentation, and listening skills
- Superior negotiation skills
- Experienced and skilled at working with and navigating at executive level
- Enthusiastic, polished, and professional demeanor
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.