Sr Analyst - Advisor Information SecurityApply Job ID: R-011922 Date posted: 11/12/2020 Primary Location VA-Remote
The Sr. Analyst - Advisor Technology Risk is a high visibility position, responsible for engaging with LPL advisors, promoting a risk-aware security posture, performing technology risk assessments and creating solutions to advisor security challenges. A successful team member maintains information security knowledge, alongside business and regulatory experience to ensure LPL advisors operate the technology of their business in a safe and secure manner.
This qualified professional will be assessing technology risk as it relates to policies and programs, cybersecurity regulations, and cyber-best practices to ensure small businesses are safe and secure. The candidate will visit offices as required, serving as a point of contact for the LPL technology risk program, security questionnaires, as well as the reporting of risks to internal stakeholders.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Plan and executes information security reviews of local branches with the goal of protecting sensitive client data through virtual or onsite assessments.
- Identify technology risks and remediation solutions to the small business owner. Provide escalation path for information security issues, incidents and enquiries.
- Familiar with building and conducting risk assessments and incident response plans
- Act as a liaison between technical resources, information security, communications and the advisor community.
- Provide education, analysis and review of information security posture required to support small business technology initiatives
- Promote an intuitive, informational and pleasurable experience for advisors as it relates to their technology, cybersecurity regulations and information security posture
- Collection and analysis of advisor question responses, data points and documentation
- Lead and participated in process improvement supporting efforts to minimize impact to a branch while improving their security posture
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Business, Technology or related field with 7+ years of experience
- Detailed knowledge of several information security domains, such as: encryption, network security, multi-factor authentication, or regulatory/compliance
- Familiarization with NYDFS, CCPA and other security and privacy regulations
- CISA, CISM, CISSP, or comparable certifications a plus.
- Knowledge of IT Risk and Security governance frameworks such as ISO 27001, NIST, and FFIEC.
- Good collaboration and interpersonal skills, self-motivated, willingness to take on challenges and adaptability to change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Ability to work independently and contribute to team deliverables.
- 25% or more travel as required
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.