AVP, Government RelationsApply Job ID: R-004663 Date posted: 10/04/2018 Primary Location DC-Washington
LPL Financial is hiring an AVP, Government Relations, to be based in Washington, DC. This individual will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Government Relations, and will work closely with senior executives and legal counsel on broad legislative and regulatory assignments, as described below.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Capitol Hill [with a focus on House Committee on Education and Workforce and the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor , and Pensions] and regulators; coordinate meetings between LPL executives and Hill/agencies and staff, as needed
- Support the firm on critical advocacy issues
- Manage research and materials preparation for meetings and presentations
- Assist in the development of written testimony, letters, position papers, regulatory comments, and articles
- Draft hearing summaries and other written content for distribution to LPL stakeholders
- Cover and report on Congressional legislation and regulatory proceedings
- Conduct media monitoring on key issues and manage rapid response efforts, as necessary
- Liaise and coordinate with industry trade association partners
- Support LPL Financial Political Action Committee, including attending fundraising events on behalf of LPL PAC
- Provide assistance to the PAC manager when necessary
- Support the LPL Financial 50 State Network and oversee state-level legislative issues, as needed
- Coordinate LPL financial advisor fly-ins and related logistics
- Liaise and coordinate with external consultants
C. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Three to eight years previous work experience in public policy, financial services, or communications preferred.
- Capitol Hill experience strongly preferred.
- Strong writing and organizational skills required.
- Should have strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with members of senior management
- Should have adaptability and willingness to take on a wide variety of new tasks and willingness to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.